10.) Camera days

Chapter 10

~ Renesmee's POV ~

The weight of the camera shifted in my hands, making me nervous and full of anxiety. I smiled as I remembered the thin memory of receiving the futuristic camera. It was my seventeenth birthday but also my sevenths year of life. Funny right? I was technically seven years old, a full grown child in human years but with the body and the mind of an adolescent.

I rubbed the smooth ends of the camera pretending to comfort the lifeless object in my hands; while in reality trying to comfort myself. I let out a quick breath as I returned to my new life project; photography. The lens of the camera was clear and polished visibly naked, unique and sensitive to the human eye. And as I held the Nikon Pro close to my eyes, I was astonished at what I found on the other end of the lens.

Seeking out my next project felt like an exhilarating experience, like generating a "high" with magnificent pictures. As a nature seeker, my job was to observe nature the way never before seen and take Earth's beauty out of its natural element to explore the fantasy side, while capturing a moment that could never be recaptured otherwise "stuck in time" and when its all over, I would go out and start it all over again just for the thrill of it.

But that so called "thrill" would be classified as a lie. Maybe it was my brain overthinking things like usual, or human hormones acting up again, but I was nervous and something anomalous was giving me the hee-bie-jee-bies.

As I saw through crystal clear glass, I could see a detailed show of a pinecone enlarged ten times it's actual size. Through the thick glass, I saw the small prickly object that held the shape of an oval, with scales like an artichoke or a needle fish. I was fascinated by its shape and varieties of color, ranging from light ochre, to chestnut brown, dark bronze, and burned mahogany.

"Photography, is a cruel ironical art, don't you think?" A velvet voice questioned. I rolled my eyes and simply turned only to come face to face with Leonardo Augustus Voltorie, the son of Aro Voltorie; the most powerful vampire on earth.
"Jesus" I gasped surprised by his closeness. He was kneeled down, inches from my face, casting both pleasure and fright in his sea-green eyes. I held my breath and softly blushed as he continued.

"The dragging of captured moments into the future; moments that should have been allowed to be evaporate into the past; should exist only in memories, glimpsed through the fog of events that came after." He looked at me with a half smile and curiosity written on his face. He jump back on his feet with such grace I would have mistaken him for a full vampire, still keeping his gaze on me, I smiled awkwardly before answering.

"Photographs force us to see people before their future weighed them down" I calmly said while standing up and placing my Pro in it's travel case.

"And what future do you suppose may cast down on a simple forest pinecone may I ask?" He smirked with question on hand. I rolled my eyes before answering.

"Nothing I guess, I'm only an amateur you know." I answered buttoning a stubborn ivory bottom on the shirt dress I wore with sheer black tights, and a skinny tan belt wrapped around my waist.

"Clearly" He whispered with a faint smile and the roll of his eyes.

"How nice, do you always treat your host with such rudeness and disrespect at such an early stage in the visit?" I asked clearly offended by his simple minded comment. He frowned before answering.

"Of course not my dear Renesmee, I just enjoy the look you carry when I bother you."

"So you do admit to bothering me?" I asked.

"I guess you could say so. Question, what makes you take photography, from so many other hobbies and pass times?"

I breathed in a whiff of fresh autumn air before answering.