xxix. tina in the sky with diamonds

Series Five. Episode Two. Tina in the Sky with Diamonds.

RUBY WAS RESTING ON TOP OF THE PIANO. Her head resting on top of her arms as she sat next to Blaine who was playing quietly. Sam was lying on top of it completely, pondering about how marriage would work for Blaine and Kurt. Ruby stopped playing with his fingers when he spoke up and looked at her with a look of love.

"So how does it work with gay marriage? Do you take his last name? Or does he take yours? Or do you hyphenate?" Sam rushed out all his questions.

"Right now, I'm honestly just excited that Kurt said yes!"  Blaine laughed at his best friend.

"Kurt Warbler just doesn't sound right to me though..."

"First of all, you know that's not my last name!"  He rolled his eyes at his two friends. "Second of all, I'm more focused on prom. Are you guys excited? I fell asleep last night while Tina was texting me about her prom dress!"

"Does she have a date to prom yet?" Ruby asked.

"Not that I know of but I know she's going to worry about being alone. I'm assuming you two will be going together? Which by the way I can't believe you both didn't tell me!"  Blaine swatted their arms as they sat down with everyone else.

"We didn't want to take away from your big day plus we just wanted to keep it for ourselves for a little bit." She smiled sheepishly at him.

"Okay that's fair. Everyone does like to get involved with everyone's business so I'll give you that! But can I just say, it's about bloody time!" Blaine grinned as Sam wrapped an arm around the small brunette and looking at her sweetly.

"Cheers man. The stars finally aligned!"  He said, kissing her cheek.

"That and I think he's scared of Finn and Santana!" Ruby laughed.

"Yeah, no Santana scares me some times..." Blaine and Ruby stared at him doubtfully. "Okay, she scares me all the time!"  Blaine glanced at Ruby with a nod, yeah that sounds more like it.

***

KITTY AND RUBY WERE TALKING AT THEIR LOCKERS WHEN THEY SAW BREE APPROACHING WITH HER LITTLE FOLLOWERS. Sending each other a look, Kitty muttered to Ruby"ohhh here we go!"  before they both turned with their biggest fake smiles towards their fellow cheerleader.

"Oh, hi Kitty!" She beamed the fakest smile the girls had ever seen before quickly acknowledging the brunette. "Ruby, you're glowing! Can't wait to see you at prom, you're gonna look breath taking!"  Ruby smiled in thanks, not in the mood for Bree's ass licking today.

"So I was so psyched that my fellow cheerios were nominated for prom queen but then I heard that you weren't going to campaign for it and instead you were throwing your support to that Asian girl from glee club because you thought it was 'her turn'. Now if that's true, you might want to tie yourself down because this is going to be a rough ride. I just want to remind you that a Cheerio has not won prom queen for several years now. We've had prom queens from glee club including the Jewish girl AND a gay dude. And if  we're not careful, I swear to God we're gonna have a black transsexual named Unique as prom queen before we have a Cheerio as prom queen."