It's Halloween Y'alls (Boboiboy x Gender Neutral! Reader)

I don't think I've ever done a 'x reader' oneshot before...
So here's one, I guess?

Halloween special guys-
it's pretty long-

Enjoy this lousy oneshot :D

Y/N = Your Name
Y/A = Your Age
H/C = Hair Color
E/C = Eye Color
F/S = Favourite snack
Hal/C

---

It's 3p.m., in your average suburban home. Sun's up in the sky, birds screaming their lungs out, everyone being roasted alive in the heat (it may be almost winter, but that ain't stopping the heatstroke at all). A typical afternoon, eh?

Totally ignore all the houses with random dumb Halloween decorations on their front porch.

 Fake pumpkins with their hollowed smiles, plastic bats and witch decors hung at every nook and cranny. And of course, the hidden speaker that screams bloody murder at anyone that comes close to it.

While other kids would usually be preparing their costumes for the night's trick-or-treating, or going to the dollar store to buy the cheapest one available (seriously, why is there an Easter bunny costume on sale?), Y/N was lying on the sofa while scrolling through their phone, deciding to stay at home to munch on leftover candies while watching Netflix.

Mom, however, had some other ideas.

"Y/N, your dad and I have to attend a business party tonight," said Y/N's mom, flicking the lights on as she walked into the same room as her daughter. "And since no one will be here to look after you, you have no choice but to come with us. It'll be fun, I promise."

The young teenager retreated back to her beanbag, hissing at her mother, obviously not pleased to be bothered.

Fun? They thought. By your definition of fun, you meant 'sit around and watch you guys talk while I stand there, smiling like a doofus'.

Instead, Y/N sighed. Their eyes flitted to their mom's, their E/C orbs staring at each other before their mom cleared her throat and looked away, breaking their stare.

"So will you be coming?"

"You're already forcing me to come anyways. So even if I refuse, you'll still drag me to it no matter what."

"Hey, I can't argue with that."

"Mom, I'm Y/A, I'm not a kid anymore," Y/N  said, tossing their phone on the sofa, only to see it bounce off and hit the ground. "Are you kidding me-"

Mom swiftly plucked the phone off the ground and held it tight in her hand. She gaze at her child, who was sulking as if they had been told off by her, which isn't entirely false.

She calmly put the small device on the counter before turning her attention back to her child. Hands on hips, she tilted her head, "Yes, but you're still living under our roof. So until you've found another house to live instead,  you are, and will forever be, my kid, whether you like it or not."

"...Is this the part where I'm supposed to be all touched and stuffs like that?"

"Do you have a heart? Or at least, feelings?"

"Last I check, yes, yes I do."

"I'm surprised, my dear. I'm truly am."

"Wow mom. I'm touched."

"Glad to be of service." 

Y/N's mom gave an airy laugh before heading for the kitchen to prepare the things she would  have to bring to the party. Not a full minute later, she came back, with a handful of money in her hands.