Neither: Eighteen

LEO's  POV
"Don't lose sight of me" Lucy ordered leaping from tree to tree with cat like reflexes. I continued my flying pattern as I barrelled under and over barks and breaches, around 23ft tall trees and large bushes with thorns.
"I won't" I yelled back.

What were these things after us?, all i could see were moving fiery black puffs of smoke with orange, glowing eye sockets, they growled and howled like dogs. What are these?.

"Leo, left!!!" I heard Lucy's scream and my angelic reflex took control responding just in time as my wings disappeared leaving behind dropping feathers and i started falling barely missing the creature that flew approximately an inch above my face.

I felt the wind against my skin as i fell before I spread them out again and a took off a feet before my body hit the floor. After a while, the pursuit seemed to thing and i landed in an opening with a rock on the middle. I sat down and gasped for breath just as Lucy silently brought herself down beside me.

"T-T-Te...."She stuttered between pants, I gazed at her in confusion. " Teleport ... Now! "She commanded. I nodded and held her, chanting " Skaf∆køz...... " I was cut off by an eerie voice telling me; "I wouldn't do that if I were you".

We both looked up to see a dark silhouette seated on the large rock before us with nothing except the moonlight as our only source of illumination. The figure turned out to be nothing more than a 9 year old kid with black orbs as eyes feasting on an arm?

"Well, disturbing" I cringed, saying the first thing that came to mind. "Stray demon" Lucy informed, "Lucy, when you said stray demon, I thought you meant uncalled for and easy to beat. Because the amount of dark energy this kid is releasing, is insane" I gazed in shock at the intimidating energy that radiated off the demon. "Oh. That's exactly what i meant. We're just unlucky" She scoffed.

Great, she's so carefree.....this guy's power though.

"Bow down to me" The child ordered, I scoffed. "I said bow!!!!" He screamed and the next thing i could figure, an extreme pulling gravitational force brought me closer to the ground making my body unnaturally heavier.

I looked at Lucy, she wasn't affected but I could tell she felt the force because of the groan she let out and her feet were going deeper into the ground.

"Please, this is child's play. No pun intended" She snapped her fingers and my body was free from the control ability. "How? I am Atrufer... the greatest puppet master in hell. You insolent child" He screamed and i let out a helpless whimper as black mists appeared all around us and different shadow monsters appeared a around us.

"Cower before me. Fools" Atrufer thundered. Honestly, I was terrified but no way I was going to be useless especially when there was a girl around.

"Leo, you may wanna stand back. Cast a barrier spell half a mile circumference with that rock as its center because the destruction wouldn't be limited" She ordered.

"No way, I'm fighting" I huffed but shrunk back and pouted when she shot me a demonic growl. Barrier it is. My spell book hovered to mt side as I muttered "barrier spell".

" Okay Atrufer. Let's see who's superior" Lucy said tilting her neck to the side as it let out a loud crack. Her voice had turned into an audible, doubled, distorted and ferocious sound. Her eyes became black and purple and a strong wind revolved around her just as after a prolonged tearing sound, six black tails sprouted from her rear waist.

"Animal class: Felinia. Let's dance" Lucy said to him, her voice intimidating. "Shadow Class: Necromancer, my pleasure" The kid stood up floating on mid air as a black shadowed knight stood behind him.

Barrier spell. Chaos prompted.
What terrifying power, Order muttered stunned.
"Order! Get it together" I yelled.
Oh, yes Aèglis!. Order chanted.

My golden sight heightened as a sphere of light energy surrounded me just as a hellhound bounced away after trying to hit me. I sat down and read aloud "pura mukanis zebuza aka" repeatedly as I could feel my power spreading slowly to the required distance around us all.

I could feel everything around me, the tree movements, birds, insects, the breeze. I was in my state of tranquil and with all three attributes in control, I thundered; "Let's play!!!"

•••••••••••••••••••-------------•••••••••••••••••

Lucy personally ordered us not to barge. My humanity prompted. So the best we can do....
... Is to protect her. Chaos finished for Order just as a thin streak of light shot from my index fingertip and the shadow in the line of projection, dispersed.

Pfft! Easy. I laughed. They're summons, what do you expect?. Chaos snarled. I ignored him and watched as Lucy tried to use a swoop of her tail to hit Atrufer, the knight caught it instead.

"Leo, channel all the shadow energy" Lucy ordered. "I can do that?" I asked. Yes you can, now!!!. Order yelled. I began my concentration phase almost immediately as the knight blinked from behind Atrufer before me with inhuman speed and kicked me through the Aeglis onto a tree. The tree bent awkwardly.

"You've been a disturbance" Atrufer spat. "I-i'm okay" I groaned, turning to Lucy who gave me a nod in return abd returned her attention to the demon before her.

"Order" I sat and muttered as a glowing sphere of shield surrounded both myself and Lucy. If i couldn't do much, i could at least support her, but i knew the barrier would definitely break sooner or later because of the shadow that repeatedly banged on mine.

Time to absorb the dark energy.

"Caviar Masluf∆ev Œфнøxi-balo" I changed repeatedly, the words first hard to pronounce but became easier as I progressed. The space around me became colder as I absorbed the dark energy springs around me.

"Kill that boy!" I heard Atrufer scream as the hits on my shield became desperate and intensified, it cracked. I continued the spell, my breath came out as a mist from my mouth, it became challenging to breathe.

My insides were freezing. What's happening, i want to stop but i can't now. Ive already gone too far. I looked at Lucy, she was still in battle. She got a hit in, they continued fighting I could see only two streaks.

My vision was blurry, the world was slowing down? "Unicorns and flowers...and..the dark..." My voice became a whisper before black dots penetrated my vision and it all went black. "Welcome Leo" A voice spoke.

+++++++++++++•••+++++++++++++-

Tee hee. There's gonna be another shout out soon. You guys should pleassseeeee...vote and comment. A lot is gonna happen. OK bye bye now. Off to study.

Okayyyy....so bye bye pple🤗🤗.