3 - New Findings

--Natasha Romanoff--

Natasha felt bad for Perseus. She had known what it was like to have your life ruined since childhood, and he was still a kid. But this was her job, and she couldn't afford to be hesitant.

Their initial plan was to go to his house like the other agents, but they realized that it was a weekday and he had to be in class. They had no intention of barging into a public place filled with adolescents, especially with the public still on edge, so they were devising a new strategy.

Currently waiting for school to end, they were going over his file while Tony was trying to find more about him on the internet.

"Damn, This kid has nothing on social media. Or anywhere else, for that matter. Fury wasn't kidding when he said he didn't have a phone," Tony said, leaning back on his chair and sipping his coffee.

"Of course he wasn't," Clint said. "He never jokes about these things." Then added as an after thought, "Or anything, actually."

"I think the file contains everything SHIELD knows about him," Steve said.

"But that isn't much either." Natasha picked up the file, which was barely two pages long, and held it up for everyone to see.

Not that they needed to; everyone had read it. It only had some basic information, like his name and address, and all the strange accidents in which he was involved. The details regarding them were also lacking. But he didn't have anything definite on his record, so it was possible that he wasn't involved in all of the incidents.

'He still defeated SHIELD agents,' she reminded herself, 'and he remains a suspect.'

"Besides the occasional strangeness, his record is clean. Even if he is a terrorist, he is most likely working for a new hidden organization, as SHIELD has records on even the most minor street thugs. They'd never miss him," Steve said with certainty.

"Well, I, for one, actually like this kid." Tony spun around to face them. "I mean, if he was the one who blowtorched the Gateway Arch, then he has my eternal respect." The sparkle in his eyes was unnerving. He definitely didn't need more ideas.

Natasha glared at him, and he spun his chair back around, facing the screen again.

"He was even a part of a manhunt! At the age of twelve!" Sam exclaimed.

"Yeah, but it turned out that none of it was his fault," Bruce reasoned. "It was some other guy behind all of this. Although they never caught him."

"And didn't the reports say that wherever he went, there was a group of other people with him?" Clint asked.

"Yeah, but most of them SHIELD couldn't find at all. And the ones that they could identify, well, besides a few grievances, they have a record devoid of suspicious activities, and they too are teenagers," Vision spoke. Nat almost thought that it was Jarvis, not him. She was still getting used to the android.