The Sports Festival

Hisashi had returned an hour later, and once he realized what had happened (the result of what had happened suggestively represent itself in a stained puddle of blood), he'd taken Midoriya to see Doctor Ujiko to make sure he won't have an infection before healing him up with one of his quirks. The two stayed silent, and Hisashi didn't question anything, and although Midoriya was surprised, he quickly understood why.

There was nothing to ask. Hisashi knew who the culprit was, he knew the reason for the fight, and from Tomura's shaking yet not bleeding figure on the bed, he knew that Midoriya was the only one injured. Hisashi raged silently, and Midoriya decided to keep it that way. He had witnessed enough wrath for the day, and if Hisashi wanted to stay quiet, Midoriya was willing to comply.

When they came back home, Tomura had sprinted out from the bathroom and towards his room, Hisashi not bothering to stop him and Midoriya deciding to simply stay silent. And at that moment was when Midoriya slowly began to understand the possible reason as to why this could be happening.

Hisashi didn't speak up when Midoriya failed him, and he didn't speak up when Tomura failed him as well. The two of them had suffered from each other's actions, and it seemed like Hisashi took that as a rational punishment for their mistakes. Midoriya declined dinner when Hisashi offered him and went to sleep, thinking over the realization.

For the next two months or so, they didn't talk about anything but formalities, which were mostly spoken by Hisashi only, for the following two months.

The students of Class 1A had recovered quickly unlike Midoriya's family, and they became famous to the other courses, and infamous to Class 1B, as well as a certain purple-headed boy from the general course determined to replace someone in the hero course. Midoriya was glad to be able to breathe out with them, and he and his two friends grew closer. They'd even hung out after school on some of the days, and Iida agreed to spar with him after school. Midoriya felt too awkward to ask a girl to do that without another guy being with him, so he decided against asking Ochaco to spar with him.

However, there was something more important coming up, and as Hisashi had told him, he was going to be there. The Sports Festival. Despite the previous villain attack and the risk of there being another one (there wouldn't be, Hisashi had warned him, at least from their side), the Sports Festival wasn't cancelled. Midoriya couldn't blame them, but at the same time, he felt like it would've been so much easier if they could've saved him the anxiety and actually cancelled the event.

Although, since that was clearly not happening and the event was happening today, he had prepared. He'd been practicing his quirk on himself and on many other, heavy objects, as well as practicing distance and closing his eyes to try and control objects he couldn't see but knew were there.

Only lifting himself up was proving to be more and more successful, but other than that, he seemed to stay at the same level. It was disappointing, but Midoriya restrained himself from going depressed, knowing that it would simply worsen his determination to get better.

Hisashi will be watching, too. He had to be better, and he had to impress his father if he wanted to be taken seriously again. Maybe, somehow, that would influence Tomura as well, and maybe they'll find a way to talk again. The scar that Midoriya now had to hide every day from his peers told him otherwise, but he pushed those thoughts away.

On this day, students were chattering eagerly to themselves, most students prepared to lose but feeling the hype nonetheless. Midoriya wasn't ready to lose thought, and he could feel the same feeling in the veins of the classroom, their aura feeling different than those of the other classes.

Today was a great day for them to show themselves, and they all knew they couldn't miss the opportunity.

Thought to some, that opportunity may pose something other than to others.