Escape

Midoriya had been tense all day.

Nezu was clearly onto something, Midoriya could tell. Why, though, Midoriya had no clue. It's not that Midoriya was the only one who requested a temporary leave from school for the break, considering there was no way that was true. The principal couldn't be wary about all the students, either, could he? That seemed too unreasonable to believe.

The dots just couldn't connect inside Midoriya's overthinking mind, and he spent practically all day in his room, tapping his pen against the table as he stared at the space in front of him.

It seemed reasonable to assume that Nezu was one of the trusted figures whom Endeavor told about the Liberation Army, but if so, does that mean Midoriya should be ten times more wary about what he did? Nezu was clearly a very intellectual being, so Midoriya's possibly suspicious doings wouldn't go unnoticed. And yet, at the same time, how many people are there that would, for example, lie about where they wanted to go when Nezu wrote them the exit pass? How many had tried to hurry away from the principal in a suspicious manner in order to get on with their plans, and yet caused Nezu to think they were just anxious and lying about something?

Midoriya must be imagining it, and he really wanted to believe that, but for some reason he just couldn't. The way Nezu was sitting there right next to the gate as if he knew Midoriya was planning on not entering was too accurate, and it terrified him.

However, Midoriya knew that he needed to make a move, and quickly. Midoriya's first plan was still possible to achieve if he managed to avoid having a migraine-attack whilst in the air, and if no one was outside to notice him, his mission could be achieved.

Midoriya took a deep breath as he glanced at the clock. It was five in the evening, and not quite dark enough outside, so he'd probably have to go at a later time. Maybe in about six or so hours—although most people wouldn't be sleeping at that time, no one will bother going outside. Or at least, no one should.

There were so many unaccounted for factors that could go wrong, but Midoriya knew it was useless to think about it any longer and stood up from his chair. Fixing his hair enough just to look decent, he exited his dorm and made his way downstairs to eat dinner.

"Midoriya!" Ochako called out, noticing him as she passed by where Midoriya was making his way down the stairs. Midoriya smiled and walked up to her.

"Hey, Uraraka." Midoriya greeted her.

"Dinner?" Ochako questioned, following Midoriya as he made his way into the kitchen.

"Well, something of that sort. I went shopping yesterday but I kind of forgot to buy some food, so I'm going with noodles again." Midoriya explained, reaching for the cupboard and taking out the noodles. Ochako nodded.

"Well, noodles aren't half as bad." Ochako commented with a small shrug, watching as Midoriya began to boil the water.

"Yeah, they're definitely not that bad. Just not good enough to be eating everyday like I have been for the past month." Midoriya chuckled, shaking his head to himself. Ochako scoffed slightly in response, smiling at him.

"How are your headaches?" Ochako asked, doing her best to sound nonchalant. "Any more nosebleeds?"

"I haven't exactly been using my quirk much, so no, neither of those." Midoriya reassured her, opening up the noodle cup. "They aren't bad enough to be that worried about, anyway."

"You call that not a bad nosebleed?" Ochako questioned, quirking an eyebrow as she scanned his features in disbelief, trying to sense lying. "Have you ever seen what a normal, non-physical caused nosebleed is like? It doesn't paint a whole white towel red in a matter of seconds!" Midoriya shrugged and scoffed slightly to himself, blushing from embarrassment at making himself look like an idiot.