12 am

As much as I tried to distract myself at Adam's, whether it was napping or "playing video games", all I could think about was the black box and whoever took it. Adam seemed to have not been as worried as I was, even though it would clearly be of more importance to him, since he was way too concentrated playing some violence video game. I don't really like video games, mostly because I'm not that great, but I do enjoy watching Adam play. His raging is hilarious.
My cellphone's clock read 11:53, which is the perfect time to leave so we'd get to school right around midnight. Thankfully Adam's parents go to sleep really early, if not they'd ask us where the hell we were headed at nearly midnight.
We began to walk to school and I was a nervous wreck, my palms were sweaty and I had a lump in my throat.
We got to the school only to find no one there. Huge surprise. Adam looked extremely upset, he was making some weird face I've never seen him make before. He looked in the plant pot and gasped.
"Bro! There's Another note!"
"What does it say?!"
"Hello..."
"...there." a strangely familiar voice finished his sentence. Our eyes widened and we both turned around only to see the amazing Alice King standing before us. Adam's jaw dropped. Those full 20 seconds felt like a scene straight out of a move, in fact I'd be very willing to pay just to see it from a different perspective.
"Looking for this?" she said, raising an eyebrow and taking the small black box out of the pocket of her over-sized black sweatshirt. She also wore black shorts with slightly ripped black stockings and a pair of old combat boots. She looked so cool, so grunge and rebellious yet still so sweet and innocent. She looked great, I looked over to make sure Adam wasn't drooling again. (He wasn't surprisingly, his jaw did drop a bit more though)
"Um, yes" Adam says, you could tell he was embarrassed, he went all tomato again.
"I know what it is" she said.
"You do?" I asked. Literally everyone but me. Great.
"So how did you find it, where?"
"D.C."
"Makes sense, kinda obvious when you think of it, but this is America we're talking about."
Wow. I actually tried not to laugh, she's funny too.
"Well you know what we gotta do now right?"
"Mhm." said Adam.
"Um no. I do not!" I said, confused.
"You didn't tell him?"
Adam nodded no, nervously.
"See the key has a location tracker. If it's been in the same area for more than 36 hours with the same people it will send a signal to the government"
"So what are you saying?"
"We have to go, we can't stay here."
"Why can't we just pass it on to someone else, have it be their problem.
Adam interrupts, "Because the Altoegang key only comes around once in a person's life, sometimes not even. We need to take our opportunity."
"I get that but if it's that way I'd just be going on and on, we'd just keep moving and eventually run out of places, we'd get caught for something so pointless."
There was a pause before either of them said anything.
"Well kinda." said Adam quietly.
"In California, that's the only place the data and settings are accessible. We can turn off the tracker." continued Alice.
Okay, so the two of them were implying that we go to California, risking our lives. All because we want to have this stupid key in our lives?
"So we're going to California?"
"Yes." they both said, in sync. Adam turned red again.
"But how? I don't have a car, and neither to either of you!"
"Who said the car had to belong to us?" she said, winking.
Oh no. I knew where this was going.
She began to run towards the school's parking lot. Adam followed, and I guess I had no other choice.
We got there and, surprisingly, there was a car there. It was an old black SUV.
"Whose car is still here at 12 am?" Adam asked.
"Mr. Jean's, he practically lives at the school, I bet he won't even notice." said Alice while pulling out some type of bag out from under the SUV.
"What's that?" I asked.
"Equipment, what you'd think I'd be able to go to the other side of the country with nothing?"
"Well no, but-"
"That's what I thought." she said, cutting me off.