Chick

"Well, why black? Could it have not been purple, or green, red?" I asked.
"Black is just better." answered Alice.
"Hah, and why is that?"
"It truly reflects how I feel inside."
"What cold, dark, and empty?"
"Bingo." Alice replied with a serious face.
I wanted to laugh but maybe her feeling cold, dark, and empty inside wasn't exactly something I should laugh at.
"Okay now Adam go ahead take an Arizona and put the rest in the back." Adam did so. She actually called him Adam. Without any type of hesitation or scrambling it with the words "Um" or "red-head".
According to a large sign, we were in West Virginia. I had only been here once, visiting a family member. I spent most of that trip locked inside my cousin's room. This sounds like a mostly good thing, sounded like I was implying that I spent the entire time with my cousin, himself. Wrong. My cousin, who's room that belonged to, had been in Iraq for 5 months since I was there. I basically spent an entire week inside a person I barely know's room. It was lovely.
I had no idea where exactly we were but Alice had driven to a Walmart. We didn't go inside though she just parked the car in the far back of the parking lot.
"Now you sleep."
"Here?" asked Adam.
"Walmart can't kick us out, so we sleep here." answered Alice.
"Okay." Adam and I said, in sync. I slept.
I woke up a few hours later. Alice was already up, we were driving on the freeway. The clock on the SUV read 8:49, it was cloudy and I had no idea where on Earth we were.
Alice looks over at Adam, still asleep, then she looked back at me.
"You're awake, great!" she said, pulling out a phone from her pocket.
"You look smart, I need you to cancel anything having to do with a phone company on this, and don't allow a single application to know our location. That's how they can find us. Now do that to Um's and your phone too."
I had completely forgot I even had a phone, but it did happen to be in my pocket. I reached into the pocket of Adam's hoodie and found his.
Alice pulled up at a McDonald's, Adam woke up.
"Whoa Red, you woke up as soon as we got here. Is the smell of French fires your mating call?" said Alice. I laughed, a bit harder than I should have.
"Alright Jake. Step-one, connect the phones to the wifi. Step-two, look for the closest music store. Step-three, this one's for you Adam, go inside and buy 30 large fries and three smoothies. Now go!"
No matter how innocent and adorable Alice was, the way she spoke made us feel the need to obey her. She wasn't a bitch, more like everyone she knew was a bitch, but her bitch. I think that's why she's so well known at school. All the other girls as well known as her were either, bitches, whores, or too dramatic. Alice was super well know and was none of those. Something in her personality, her appearance, the way she talks, just got her so much attention, which I bet she didn't even want. She probably didn't even know what to do with all that attention so she thought she might as well take advantage of it and have people do shit for her when she needed it. I don't blame her, if I was her I would have done the same.
I didn't think I was gonna ever need to be able to live off of French fries, but the time was now. Adam and I stuffed our faces. Alice ate but not too much. Every time she reached for a fry her hand would twitch a slight bit, and she'd hesitate a bit before putting it her mouth.
We found a music store around 20 minutes away from the McDonald's.
"Why are we here?" asked Adam, I shrugged my shoulders.
"It's a music store, it serves only three purposes. Buying CDs, buying instruments, or picking up punk chicks, and I don't think either of you will be doing that last one." said Alice. What? I could totally pick up a punk chick what is she talking about.
We walked inside of the music store, a young bearded man with a lip ring was at the cash register.
"Any thing I can help you with?" he asked.
"Can you show me some instruments?" said Alice.
"Of course, right this way." Alice followed him to the back of the store.
Adam and I looked at some CDs. Adam and I weren't huge music enthusiasts. I only knew about a quarter of the bands, and only by name, I had only heard an actual song of about half of those. I bet Adam has probably only heard of 3, at the most.
The man and Alice walked back to us, he was carrying three boxes. One had a guitar, another a bass guitar, and the other one had a violin.
"Grab some CDs, as many as you want, whichever ones you want." said Alice.
Adam grabbed a few random ones, a Fall Out Boy album, Red Hot Chili Peppers album, and a Beatles album. I grabbed every album who's title sounded interesting. I got a Jimmy Eat World album, Green Day, Metallica, Blink-182, Black Veil Brides, and a shit ton more.
As I was putting the discs on the counter a girl walked in. She had red hair (died vibrant red not natural ginger red) and a nose and eyebrow piercing. I don't think I had ever see anyone like her before, well not in real life. I guess this was my shot, I get to accomplish all three purposes of music stores. I walked up behind her trying to say something, but no words came out. I kept clearing my throat behind her and she obviously heard me. She turned around super fast with her arm extended.
"Watch it, okay?" she said intimidatingly. I nodded nervously and walked away quickly. I hadn't noticed Adam was watching the whole thing and he was looking at me trying his best not to laugh.
The guy took the boxes to the SUV while talking to Alice, I was able to hear some of it.
"The news this morning said there were a bunch if robberies a few hours away from here."
"That's insane, how do they manage to do that?" asked Alice, in a slightly sarcastic tone that the guy seemed to have not noticed.
"I don't know, you think it was the same people?"
"Nah I don't think so, may have just been a coincidence." said Alice, she looked over at me and realized I was listening, she winked.