42. Invisible strings

Joes injuries were more severe than hers but she had to get over the affects of an overdose. She had fully passed out in the ambulance and hadn't woken up yet . No one told any of her friends or family where she was so they all continued thinking she was dead. Joe's knee wasn't broken but the bullet was deep in so he needed it to be surgically removed. He still hadn't called Andrea and told her. He picked up his phone to see tens of messages from Karlie. He was heartbroken and bitter.
"JOE?! IS TAYLOR OK?"
"She's dead."
"What!"
"Because of YOU my girlfriend is dead. I'll never see her again because YOU couldn't keep your hands off her at some party!"
"Joe I-"
"Save it Karlie. Taylor died for your mistakes!"
He hung up.
Then he received a call from Selena.
"Joe."
"She's gone."
"Did he shoot her?"
"In the chest. I watch her bleed." His voice was monotonous.
"Joe I'm so so sorry." She was crying.
"I can't do this Selena!"
"We haven't got a choice."
"She was everything to me."
They were interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Are you the guardian of Taylor Alison swift?"
"I was yes."
"She hasn't woken up yet so we-"
"She's dead you've mixed it up." Great now they rubbed salt in the wound by mixing up patients.
"No. I'm pretty sure I know what Taylor swift looks like and she's very alive."
"OH MY GOD!"
"She's ok. She just needed some stitches and a lot of medication for the drugs they gave her."
"Will she wake up!"
"Yeah we just need you to sign off on us waking her up now instead of naturally."
'Joe! What's going on?'
"Selena I'll call you back!"
"Yes. Yes! I'll Sign whatever just let me see her!"
"Ok we can take both of you to the same room but it'll cost an extra $6,000-"
"I REALLY DONT THINK THAT WILL BE AN ISSUE CONSIDERING SHES FUCKING TAYLOR SWIFT DO YOU??"
That was a bit rude but he couldn't wait any longer.
"ok sir."

"He was wheeled in to see her sitting on her bed reading an article about how she was dead. She was almost laughing."
"JOE!!"
"Oh my god you look better than me!"
"Yeah I mean my ribs hurt really bad and I cant stop shaking but I'm ok.
You know I always wondered what they would write about me if I died. This is pretty impressive though, it's really nice except the part where apparently I was shot in the heart but before I was dead they drowned me and then cut me into pieces ."
She let out a small laugh
"Thank god I didn't tell your mum yet!"
"You still thought I was dead too?!"
"Yeah so does tree and Selena and Abigail. They never told me that you had survived."
"There wasn't that much to survive honestly. I just needed stitches. Are you ok?"
"Yeah I need a surgery tomorrow but other than that I'm fine too."
"Ugh I want to hug you but I'm not allowed to leave my bed."
He reached over and grabbed her hand.
"Are you ok... you know.. mentally?"
"Yeah I'm fine. It was terrifying but I don't know I guess I've gotten used to having to move on from things like this."
"How will we deal with the media?"
"Well first I need to send a tweet Saying that I'm not actually dead because #RestInPeaceTaylor is scaring me. Then we have to decide how much we tell people."
"Ok and how much do you want to tell them?
"Nothing about Karlie or the videos but we should talk about the threats and everything else."
"They have arrested josh."
"It'll be a really long trial won't it."
"Yeah he will definitely plead not guilty on insanity."
"Have you spoken to Karlie?"
"Oh I'm yeah. She kept texting me asking if you were ok so I called her and shouted that you were dead and it was her fault."
"Oh she must feel like shit."
"More than that."
"I'll call her"

"Do you have her phone?"
"Um hi Karlie it's me-"
"OH MY GOD! YOUR NOT DEAD!"
"Um no I'm not dead. I just wanted to say that you can stop being sad because I only needed stitches."
"TAYLOR IM SO SO SO SORRY!"
"Yeah well there's nothing you can do about it all now."
Then she hung up.

"I want to send some sort of joke. How about ' the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh coz she's dead.' And then just say that I'm ok."
"Sure babe whatever." He joked sarcastically.
"I can't believe how well your taking this."
"Well I guess I'm done causing myself pain."
"Ughhhhh I love you too much!"