Chapter 4: Danger

After a while the Old man pulled the lead and the horse stopped walking the wagon shake and both Aira and Harlen fell down to the ground "aw!, my butt" Harlen said.

"what's wrong! grandpa?" Aira said. Aira walked towards the Old man on front and She saw a pack of Horn dogs the Old man's trembling and looking for an adventurer to ask a help.

"It'll be alright! I will handle this, Harlen go back to the wagon." Aira open up a storage box and get the dagger that she get from a bandits, the Horn dogs cautiously looking at Aira, Aira searching for the pack's leader.

[ where's their pack leaders? it'll be easier if I just killed the leader so they can ran away.]

Aira observing the pack of horn dogs movement until she heard the howl from the one eyed horn dog at the center.

[that must be the leader giving the commands.]

She throw the dagger but the horn dog catch it with their mouth, Aira's has been surrounded by the horn dogs, 2 of the member attacked Aira at the front she has no choice but to kick the first one to left and stab the dagger from her right hand.

Harlen step out and shout.

"Aira! be careful!. catch this!" Harlen shout, Aira catch the bag that Harlen threw. "I said go back to the wagon!, wait What is this?" Aira said.

"It's a fine pepper!, used this so their movements will slowed!, Since they have a strong sense of smell! they will probably stopped and scratch their nose!!" Harlen said. and get back to the wagon while her knees are shaking "My gosh! I'm so brave for doing that" she said.

"Is this alright grandpa?" Aira said, "Y-yes! so long we can survive!." he says.

Aira threw the bag of fine pepper att the crowd and follow up by the dagger, she open the item box and take out the sword, the packs scratching their nose and some of them are sneezing. She cover up his nose while running towards the one eyed horn dog and slash it's head after a while she lift up the head of the one eyed horn dog and the packs start to ran away.

Aira grab the 2 corpse of the horn dog and put it on storage box, she walk towards the Old man and put her hands on Old man shoulder "It's alright now you can take a break and tell us if you're ready to leave."

"O~ok " Old man's answer with trembling voice. "this is my first time encountering a large pack of horn dogs, although normally hey only five to ten" he said,

After 15 minutes the Old man calmed down. " thank you young ladies...we will continue now" he said.

Aira goes back at the wagon she saw Harlen fell asleep she goes in and sits besides her.

They begin their journey after 2 days the Old man left and while waving to them.

"AIRA!!! I CAN SEE THE ARCHELION FROM HERE!!!" Harlen said.

"Don't be too excited you still have to give your payment for saving you from those bandits." she said,

they reached the gate of Archelion and the 6 knights guiding the entrance Harlen grab Aira's hand and ran but the knight's stopped them.

"HEY! stop both of you!" knight 1 shout, "I thought you're a noble? why he is stopping us??" Aira said.

"I will handle this...just watch!" Harlen said with confidents, the knight who stop them walking towards Harlen then Harlen approach the knight Aira followed Harlen as she walks.

"Where's your identification!?" as the knight said, "I am Harlen Weiss! Daughter of Julius Weiss! a Duke! you should let us pass! or judgement may fall on you!." she said with confidence.

Aira clapped her hands and the knight looked at Harlen and Aira with a doubt. "Are you sure you're a daughter of a Duke?" as the knight said with doubt.

the knight looked at Aira clothes and Harlen clothes the second knight interrupt their conversations. "She can't be a noble look at her dress full of dirt and her companion clothes looks like a rag." as he whisper to the first knight, the 1st knight nod after hearing what the second knight whispered to him.

Aira heard what the second knight said and she looked at her own clothes and Harlen clothes with a doubt. "Y-yeah we seems not trustable with this clothes I looked like an slave though..." murmur to herself, "are you really a daughter of a noble?" Aira ask to her.

"Am I not!? looked at me and my clothes!" Harlen said with over confidence, Aira looked troubled how she gonna say it to her but words are not coming out she can't say how miserable she is by saying it shamelessly.

the white carriage is coming at full speed Harlen looked at the carriage door. "THAT'S THE SAME CREST ON MY CARRIAGE! THAT MIGHT BE MY FATHER!!" she said to Aira with sparkling eyes and hope.

"FATHER!" as she shout,"Is that Harlen voice!?" The man at the carriage heard the her voice he open the door and look outside when he saw Harlen she shouted to stop the carriage "STOP!" as he shout. the coachman surprised by the man's shout and stopped the carriage forcefully, the carriage stopped and the man running towards Harlen the knights that guarding the gate were shocked and trembling on fear.

"THAT GREEN EYES, BLOND HAIR! AND THAT CREST! ON THE CARRIAGE! ISN'T THAT A DUKE'S!!!.... WE ARE DOOMED!!" the third knight said.

The man lift Harlen and hugged her with force. "DAD! I CAN'T BREATH!" as she said. Aira looked at Harlen with crying eyes.

[This is like a movie where the heroine travel alone and comeback to her home..] as she think.

"H-E-L-P- M-E-!-!" Harlen said, "ahm...S-sir! she will die from suffocation...." as the knight said....