Chapter 8: Journey

"By the way why did you adopt me?...It's not like you will gain anything from me..." Aira said.

the duke let out a big sigh. "Indeed you're right, but my wife want to adopt you with no hesitations...if she want a thing or a person she will do anything to get it...let's say she is a persistent to adopt you and seems like she like you so I guess that's it?..." as the duke said.

"you don't have so called home right?...You will not lose anything if you accept this." as the duke said. [But I can't adventure!.]
"unless you have a reason to refuse." as the duke said. "Yes there is a reason why I can't be your daughter.} as she said.
[Really?, then let me hear it." as the duke said.

Aira clench her hands and bow to the duke. "Sorry but I want to adventure!, I want to see the world that I'm living with!...I also want to experience all sort of the thing it may be a bad or good!...I just want to see outside world that much and make a friends in this whole world!" as she said.

the duke is surprised by what she said "Oh! so that's the reason?...that's not a problem." as the duke said. Aira looked at the duke with a confuse expression. "Say what?...W-what do you mean?." as said asked.

"I mean you can adventure so long you want but just one thing is you will go home once in a while so we can see you face...Oh! by the way, we cannot let you leave with that amateur experience though. so we will train you in 4 years." as the duke said.

"So you mean that I will be your daughter but I can also adventure and you will not stop me?" as she said.

"Yes that's right! and I will personally train you on sword martial arts but if you prefer a dagger then Sebastian will the one will train you...And also he will train you for survival skills." as the duke said. the duke point his finger to the butler besides him.

"It's my pleasure to carry the order of the duke. but the training will be harsh." Sebastian said.

"And one more thing, Penelope will teach you about magics are you interested?" as the duke said.

[This is not a scam right?] *Aira's thought*

"W-WAIT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT MOTHER CAN USE MAGIC!." Harlen said. "Ahh! Didn't I mentioned that Sebastian, Me and your mother used to be an S-rank adventurer" as the duke said with a smile.

Aira and Harlen looked so surprised and dumbfounded to what the duke said, the duchess entered while grabbing the head maid. thus the Head maid doesn't know why she's always grabbing.

"I-Heard everything! I will personally teach her!, And Amor will teach Aira about being a merchant! Is that alright!?" as the duchess said with a bright smile.

"Alright! I will accept all your hard training! there's no exceptions!...And thank you all." she said and smiled with tears on her eyes.

[So this is the warmth of a family that I didn't receive for long time...I might miss this after 4 years but all I can do is enjoy my life to the fullest.]

everyone has been gathered at the same room, The duchess sat the sofa on front of duke's table the maid stand at the back of the duchess and Sebastian brew a tea. "Don't tell me that the duke, duchess, mr. butler, and Head maid are your previous party!?" Harlen and aira said at the same time.

"Yes, they are." as the duke said.

"This is surprising though!...I don't know that my parents and our householders are also an adventurer..." Harlen said.
Aira accept the duke's proposals and the difficult level: asian training has been started. After 4 years passed Aira turned to 16 now as a gift for her 16th birthday, the duke gave Aira a dagger with black dragon crest on the grip and she also received a letter.

"Aira my daughter this dagger with our crest will be handy if you've been approached by a nobles that trying to harass you or do anything bad things to you so keep it. And if you found a difficulties to enter on any empires or kingdoms, show this letter and they will let you goes inside. I wish you a good luck." as the duke said with a sad smile.

Aira receive a small box of birthday gift from Duchess that wrapped on a red paper. "Can I open it?" as she said. "Yes of course! it's yours now." as the duchess said.

Aira tear the cover and opened the small box that the duchess gave to her, when she opened the small box she saw a paired red jewel earrings. "I cast an spell to that earrings It has an ability to release your full potential up to 25% and be able to communicate to a tamed monsters. Do you still remember what I did taught you right? how to tame a monster beast? it will be handy." as the Duchess said and cried.

Sebastian give him a paired of a black dagger with S-shape, a leather armors, gloves, dagger sheath, and boots. "My lady, this armors has been enhanced they might be light but their vitality is a top tier made by an S-rank dwarf and this black daggers are enhanced and made by a Red Dragon's scale. you may use it as you please." Sebastian said.

The head maid also give her an storage ring. "Although you always dragged me and also you always gave me a hard time every time I washed you, and my dignity as a maid has been crumble, please accept this storage ring." as she said.

"But I have an storage box." Aira said. "you may have an storage box but it's a unique skills that everyone wished for it may cause an uproar to everyone who see that and recruit you to be a merchant or be a luggage carrier and may be the king will forcefully ordered you to be his treasure box or a mad witch will experimented you so they can get that ability of yours an-." as she said.

"A-alright I get it! I will accept it!" as she said and stopped her.

"It may be a small gift but please accept this necklace...the pendant has a preserved memories that we all do after 4 years I asked mother to do this...I will miss you Aira!" Harlen said while tearing up."

Aira wore the necklace and the armors that Sebastian gave to her she put the black dagger at her back and waist she stored the dagger and a letter she received from the duke, she also wore the earrings that she received from the duchess

"Yes I will treasure it and I will tell you my stories when I come back to this mansion." Aira said...

After that Aira left the mansion while the others seeing her off the duchess, duke, and Harlen cried while seeing her off they wave at each other, Aira turn around and walked away without batting an eye to them...

[So this is a feeling having somebody loving you...that 4 years are too short...I know that my real parents can't be replaced but at least let me feel this for the time being....I'll be back everyone...]...