Akumatized

The circular metal panels on Hawk Moth's wall whirred as they opened to reveal an ornately designed circular window. "Ah, the feelings of sheer panic and fear. 'What if I'm not good enough?' 'What if no one will accept me?' They're all too perfect for my Akuma!" He clutched a butterfly in his gloved palm and turned it from pure gleaming white to threatening black and purple. "Fly away, my little Akuma, and evilize her!"

~

The entire class suddenly started shouting at Chloe, snapping at her and telling her how nasty she was. Miss Bustier's shouts could not quieten them: clearly they'd had enough of their arrogant classmate. Since the focus was no longer on me, I took the advantage to hurry out of the classroom.

Hiding in the toilets on my first day of school was not what I had planned. Maybe I should have just stayed in Italy... I thought. I looked up and noticed a butterfly flying towards me; it had black wings with glowing purple stripes. "Is this... oh no." It dawned on me too late - as soon as I realised that the butterfly was an akuma, it settled on my necklace.

"Still Image," an unfamiliar voice began, "I'm giving you the power to stop your enemies as if they were only a picture. They will never hurt you again. All I need in return is Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous, can you do that for me?" He asked.

"Yes, Hawk Moth."

Below: Still Image's outfit

I stepped out of the cubicle I was in to see Alya standing in front of me, her face a look of terror and shock

I stepped out of the cubicle I was in to see Alya standing in front of me, her face a look of terror and shock. She had probably come in to check on me. "Alya, you have never hurt me, I will give you the power to help me stop Chloe."

"No, wait! You've been Akumatized! You don't understand what you're doi-" I cut her short by clicking my fingers, turning her into a blurry blue and purple version of herself.

"You now have the power to freeze anyone who is being malicious to good people. You will literally stop them in their tracks. Come, Alya, and then we will find Ladybug and Cat Noir." She hurried off, blurred particles of blue and purple following after her, like pixels on a game. I left the lavatory and leapt up to the balcony, following her back to the classroom. She opened the door and we stood to look at everyone. "Most of you have been incredibly kind to me already," I said. There were murmurs from people, as well as gasps. "Listen to me!" I shouted. "Before I change my mind! I am only angry with Chloe, so I am going to freeze her now and be on my way. Unless any of you have any information about Ladybug and Cat Noir... no? Okay," I stated, before walking towards Chloe. Most of the other students had moved to cower under their desks.

"I will not let you hurt one of my studen-" Miss Bustier started to say, but Alya engulfed her in purple and blue and left her standing petrified as if she was stuck halfway through her sentence.

"Would anyone like to go next?" I threatened the class. There were murmurs of 'no' and scared whimpers.

"Do you mind if I use the bathroom, Stella?" Marinette asked, her head poking out from above her desk on the second row.

"Marinette, you are kind to me, you may do as you please as long as you do not get in my way. By the way, it's not Stella, it's Still Image. Come back to me afterwards, and you will join Alya as my assistant." Marinette nodded before hurrying out of the classroom.

"On that note, I need to go too, Still Image," the blonde-haired boy stated, making as if to go but still looking up at me as if to ask for permission. I laughed.

"Of course, but please tell me your name."

He seemed taken aback. "Oh. It's Adrien," he'd said it with a genuine smile, before leaving. I turned sharply back to Chloe, who was being protected by the rest of the class.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked them. Were simple instructions too much?

"We know Chloe can be a pain sometimes, but you can't just freeze her!" Someone shouted.

"Fine, I'll freeze you all," I replied. My necklace glowed as I pushed purple and blue smoke through all of my classmates, Chloe along with them. I looked at Alya. "There is no point in wasting time waiting for Marinette and Adrien... what place do you think will attract the most attention from our so-called miraculous heroes?"

"The Eiffel Tower, Still Image," she replied. I took her hand and tapped my necklace, teleporting us there instantaneously.

~

"Actually," I began once we arrived there, "I have a feeling I'll need more than you to help me defeat these two. From what you told me before I came to Paris, they really do put up a fight. Go and bring more people to become part of my army!

"Yes, Still Image," Alya replied, flying away as purple and blue particles.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are, Ladybug and Cat Noir!" I shouted from the top of the tower, projecting my voice towards them with purple-blue magic. "I know you don't like wasting time, so let's get this over with. Give me your Miraculouses and I'll be on my way." I laughed as I saw blurred blue-purple people fly around the city beneath me: Alya had always been reliable. "Hawk Moth," I said, calling to him as a glowing magenta outline of a mask appeared in front of my face. "Are you seeing this? Do you see how close I am to getting those Miraculous for you?"

"Yes, I'm very impressed, Still Image. Everyone who has been akumatized before you have turned out worthless. Once you bring me those Miraculous, you will prove to all of them that you are more extraordinary than they will ever be," he replied, excitement growing in his voice. He was finally close to getting what he wanted. What that was for, I still didn't know. Suddenly, I heard a whistle from behind me. A boy wearing black leather and cat ears was leaning against the metal structure, twirling a short silver staff in his fingers.

"Hello, Stella," he purred.

"Cat Noir," I replied. "Need I let you know that it is 'Still Image'?" I sauntered toward him.

"If you tell me where your Akuma is, you won't have to fight me," he replied, extending his staff and leaning on it. I clutched my belt, before quickly taking my hand away from it. I noticed a glint in his green eyes as he smirked, showing off his sharp, white teeth. I had tricked him.

"What if I want to fight you?" I asked.

"I'm flattered that you're flirting with me, Still Image, but there are girls who are a lot sweeter than you."

"Then taste this candy!" I exclaimed as I summoned the army that Alya had created, and forced them all upon him. When they came away, all that was left was the still image of a scared little kitty. "Aww," I said, approaching and taking a good look at him. "I wonder who you are... you look familiar but because of the magic of these Miraculouses, I really can't tell..."

"Can you tell what I'm about to do?" Someone asked from behind me.

"Lady...bug?" I asked. She didn't look the same as in Alya's pictures which could only mean one thing: she was somehow wearing more than one Miraculous. She looked part bee, part ladybird.

"Venom!" She shouted. She was holding an item that looked like a stinger and before I could do anything, she launched it at me. I was immobile. She slipped off my belt and tried to tear it, before realising that it was not where my Akuma was. I couldn't move, and she would find the Akuma soon. She looked me up and down. "Of course: the necklace!" She declared. I felt her unclip it from around my neck...