Rooftop Sunset

That evening, when I was finished with my homework, I went downstairs to my parents, telling them that I would be out on the roof so if they called me for anything, I wouldn't be able to hear them. They looked up from the TV for a moment to say 'okay' and I hurried upstairs and to the roof balcony.

I stood leaning against the black metal barrier, watching the view. The sky was painted with hues of pink, yellow and blue and I watched as all of the lights of the city began to flicker as they switched on: yellow and white lights, the most distinctive being from the Eiffel Tower. The view was beautiful. "It's a shame it's illegal to post pictures of a nighttime view of the Eiffel Tower, isn't it?" Someone asked. I whipped around:

"Cat Noir!" I exclaimed. He hopped down from a higher roof and sauntered towards me.

"M'lady," he greeted with a bow. I giggled. "There's something I wanted to say-"

"Cat Noir, someone's been Akumatized, I need you now!" Someone shouted. I whipped back around: Ladybug swung past me, using her wieldable yo-yo as a grapple. I looked back at Cat Noir: he seemed so dejected. He sighed, looking down, before putting his hands on my shoulders and looking up at me again with his incredible green cat-eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Stella," he began, we'll have to pick this up another time." With that, he leapt onto the bannister, looking back at me one last time with remorse, before leaping onto another building. I watched him as he disappeared after Ladybug.

Chat Noir's POV

"Now, Cat Noir!" Ladybug shouted.

"I'm coming!" I replied. Can't I get a break? I had been so close to confessing my true emotions to Stella properly, and Hawk Moth had ruined my chance. How am I supposed to build up the courage again? Then again, I know she likes me back...

"Cat! Focus: I know you were trying to enjoy your date but we have bigger things to deal with right now." Ladybug called. I sighed. I wanted to ask her if I could reveal my secret identity to Stella. "Whoa!" Ladybug called, as something flew past her in a blur of black and bright orange. It looked like... a bat?

"LB, I have a question," I called after her as we continued to run across rooftops in the direction of the akumatized villain.

"Can it wait?" She replied, before crying out again as the bat-like creature returned, whizzing past her from the direction it flew to before.

"Kinda," I muttered to myself. I tried to get a good look at the bat, which was starting to come towards me. I hit it with my staff and it cried out like a human girl before its flying faltered: it nearly fell to the ground beneath us, but then it flew off parallel to the row of first-floor windows. "Ladybug! I think that may have been-"

"A person!" She shouted in reply, before stopping and pointing to a giant bat clinging to the Eiffel Tower upside-down and stretching out its great black wings. They pulsed with a bright orange glow whenever they were flapped. Its big eyes were a bright fiery colour.

"I think we're gonna need help..." I whined.

Ladybug's POV

Cat Noir was right: We could have gone into the fight with all guns blazing but why risk it? This creature looked lethal and neither of us could see where its Akuma was. "Cat, do you think you could take care of this while I go and get us some backup?" I asked.

"Why can't I go and get us some backup?" He whimpered, clutching his staff.

"Don't be such a scaredy-cat; don't worry, just try to figure out where the Akuma is," I leapt to the building opposite, "I won't be long." It was time to visit Master Fu.

Chat Noir's POV

Ladybug swung away with her yo-yo, leaving me to gawk at the huge bat clinging to the Tower. "I am Ultra-Echo!" It began, speaking in a blaring high-pitched voice that hurt my ears - probably hurting them even more since I have more acute hearing as Cat. "Ladybug and Cat Noir, bring me your Miraculouses and I might consider not deafening the whole of Paris!"
I gulped. I hoped Ladybug wouldn't be too long... another regular-sized bat swooped past me and I jumped to grab it.

"Ouch! Let go of me!" It sounded exactly like Chloe.

Please be safe, Stella, I thought to myself.