Rooftop Sunrise

After Ultra-Echo was returned to his human state (with the help of moi!), Ladybug left to take him home and recharge her Kwami before returning to take my Miraculous back.
"You did really well out there, Uncia," Cat Noir said to me as we walked along a rooftop, before sighing sadly.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I was trying to confess how I felt to my crush... but then that boy got akumatized and I didn't get a chance." He explained. "I want to reveal my true identity to her but Ladybug is very strict: if she knows who I am it will put us both in danger. And I'd never want that for her." He was so sweet, and to think that he was talking about me! Ladybug approached us:

"I took the boy back to his house, he's alright now," she looked at me, "Uncia, are you ready to go?" She asked me. I nodded - maybe I would get another chance to help LB and Cat. I turned to the latter and hugged him:

"Thanks for letting me work with you guys," I said to him - and Lady.

"Thank you for helping," Ladybug replied as we jumped down from the building and headed towards my house. "If it wasn't for you, I don't think we would've defeated Ultra-Echo." She stated.

"Well," I began, "you always find a way." We reached my house and made sure no one was looking before: "Blitzz, snow away." I transformed back to myself and took off the belt. "Thank you, Blitzz," I said to my Kwami before she saluted, disappearing into the box with the belt. "It's a shame about Cat," I said solemnly to Ladybug.

"I'm sure there's another chance of romance right in front of you," she replied with a smile, nodding up to the rooftops. I whipped around and looked up to see Cat Noir, jumping from rooftop to rooftop to get to my balcony. I unlocked my door and hurried inside.

"Mum, dad; I'm sorry, I was turned into a bat," I called to them, before hurrying upstairs. They replied with laughter and told me to be careful next time. I was so glad that I had a clear memory of what had happened this time, and I had been lucky enough to take part in saving Paris! I was proud of myself. Though unfortunately, I could not share that pride with anyone else.

~~~

"Cat Noir," I yawned upon reaching the balcony. The moon was getting higher in the sky and I was exhausted.

"Stella! I'm so glad you're okay!" He exclaimed, rushing over to hug me. I nearly toppled over, but he caught me. "I have something I need to tell you; I-..." My phone started ringing. It was my father.

"Sorry, Cat; I've gotta take this... hello?"

"Come inside, it's time for you to sleep, you have school tomorrow." He instructed.

"Can I just-"

"Now." He hung up. I huffed.

"Sorry, Cat; my dad is a bit strict about bedtimes."

"I understand," Cat replied, the same dejected look on his countenance as before. I couldn't tell whether he was relating to me or was sad for me. Perhaps both?

"How about... you come back at sunrise?" I asked him. He seemed to perk up.

"Really?" He asked. I yawned again.

"Yeah, I'm just tired right now. I'll leave the hatch unlocked, you can come in and wake me up if you want," I said with a wink. he gulped.

"Yeah, sure. Goodnight, Stella."

~~~~~

I walked into the Agreste Mansion and greeted Adrien at the door with a hug. "I'm glad you could make it," he said to me.

"You're my boyfriend," I replied, "plus, I had nothing better to do." I laughed.

~~~~~

I woke to someone tapping on my shoulder and a cool draft wafting into my bedroom. I slowly opened my eyes. "Cat Noir?" Then I remembered. "Oh! Hi, I didn't think you'd show up." My voice was croaky seeming that I'd just woken up and I spoke in a whisper lest I wake up my parents. I drank some water and we went to the balcony and sat together, watching the sunrise. I leaned on Cat Noir's shoulder. "What did you want to tell me?"

"That... I-I... I love you, Stella." He stammered. I moved away from his shoulder and he looked at me with a blush and fear in his eyes. I slowly moved my face closer to his, closing my eyes. We kissed slowly and pulled away.

"I love you, too." It was then that I remembered my dream...