Anxious Adrien

On Monday, when we all got into our classroom, Miss Bustier announced that she had changed the seating plan. We stood in a queue by the door, waiting to be pointed to our new seats: "Marinette, you're at the back with Juleka... Alya, you haven't moved... Nino, sit next to her..." I zoned out as Miss Bustier continued: I was nearer to the back of the line so there wasn't anything I needed to listen to at that time. My mind drifted back to Cat Noir... his leather outfit, his flirtatious nature, the way he'd given me a rose-...

"Stella," Adrien greeted as he walked up the stairs towards me. "How are you?"

"I'm okay," I replied, the thoughts of Cat Noir fading away, "you're not normally late, what happened?" I asked.

"Oh, I was... I lost track of time." He replied, his eyes growing vacant.

"So, did Cat Noir give you my note?" I asked him with a smile.

"Yes, he did! What did you mean, exactly?"

"I meant I think he likes me back," I replied with a wide smile.

"Was it that obvious?" He asked, panicked. What? "I mean, did he make it obvious?" He tentatively scratched the back of his neck, laughing nervously.

"Uhh... come to think of it maybe he doesn't," I said, dejected, "but he gave me a rose, maybe it was just a friendship rose, to cheer me up after my akumatization." I explained. It was time for me to go into the class:

"Good morning, Stella, I'd like you at the front row, please. Hello, Adrien, I'd like you to sit with her."

Adrien's POV

Had I made my crush on her that obvious? Didn't I do my research on roses correctly: yellow means friendship, white means remembrance and red means... love.

"Hello, Adrien, I'd like you to sit with her," Miss Bustier said to me. And now I have to sit next to my crush!? How will I cope without staring at her and getting-

Stella's POV

"Hey, Adrien, are you okay?" I asked when Adrien sat next to me.

"What? Yes, I'm completely fine, what's up?" He replied quickly. I hesitated, trying to understand why he was so panicked when I brought up Cat Noir. What had Cat told him?

~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of the day, Adrien approached me shyly, "h-hey, Stella."

"H-hey, Adrien," I joked. He didn't reply instantly: I looked over at Alya and waved at her and Nino as they passed us.

"Stella," I turned back to Adrien, "are you free later on?" He asked. I thought for a moment:

"Uhh... it's Monday..." I muttered to myself, "I have a bit of homework to do but I should be at some point, what time?"

"Around sunset?" He asked. That sounded romantic.

"Yeah, I should be, why?"

"Well..." he paused for a second, looking up, and then back at me, "Cat Noir wanted me to ask you if he could stop at your house?" He asked. I laughed:

"Why couldn't he ask me himself?" I was cool and casual, which seemed to make Adrien more flustered.

"Uhh, well, he was going to, but he said he didn't have time, and he saw me, so he thought he might ask, since he knows I know you." He explained. It was fair enough. "Maybe he was shy?" He added.

"Cat Noir: shy?" I laughed, "alright, well, thank you, yeah, I should be free. Does he know where I live?"

"Probably... do you have access to your roof?"

"Yeah, I sit up there all the time, I'll be easy to spot," I stated with a smile.

"Alright, well I'll see you later- I mean- Cat Noir... will see you later."

"Okay," I gave him a quick hug before waving a goodbye and leaving the building, approaching Marinette and Luka and walking with them for a bit, before heading home.

Adrien's POV

I watched her as she left: the exact picture of perfection... As Cat, I'm not so flustered, but why is it that when I see her as myself I'm so nervous now? But she doesn't love me... she loves Cat: the cocky, flirtatious, brave me. I sighed to myself. I'll just have to wait until later, I thought, before noticing Max and walking with him out of the building.