Chapter 4

{A/n: Hey everyone Roach here with another chapter. Sorry about the long delay in updates. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own RWBY!}

*Menagerie, U.S Embassy*

Major General Evans, Ghira, Kali, Ozpin, Taiyang, and Team RWBY were sitting in a meeting room in the U.S. Embassy. Ghira and Kali were catching up with their daughter as they waited for the U.S. Ambassador to meet with them. As Ghira, Kali, and Blake were talking a man walked into the room. He is dressed in a very nice suit and he seemed to be in his mid to late forties. He has dark colored skin and black hair that is neatly trimmed but still has some gray hairs in it. His eyes are a light brown and a pair of glasses rest on his face. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." He said as he sat down at the table. "It's fine. I'm sure a man such as yourself has several duties to attend too." Ozpin said and the Ambassador nodded. "Very. Anyway I am the U.S. Ambassador, Samuel Adalhi." He said and Ozpin nodded. "I am Ozpin, Headmaster of Beacon Academy. I came here to investigate a possible military build up by the faunus here but it seems that it's your nation that built the base, correct?" Ozpin asked Samuel and he nods. "Yes. You see the Base is situated in front of the Gate between this world and our world. It's there to keep Grimm from going through it again." Samuel explained and Ozpin raised an eyebrow. "Again?" Ozpin asked and Samuel pulled out a copy of the same newspaper Derek had showed the Peace Officers on Menagerie when his team arrived in town.

He handed it to Ozpin and him and Taiyang looked at it and both their faces have a grim expression on their face. "I see. Now I understand why you'd want to keep something like that from happening again!" Taiyang said and Samuel nodded. "Don'r worry though the U.S. has no intention of starting a war with the kingdoms of Remnant. However the U.S. will not let them push us around either." Major General Evans said and they nodded.  As they were talking someone walked into the room and was followed by someone Blake recognized. "Ariana?" Blake said smiling and Ariana smiled and gave Blake a hug. "It's good to see you Blake." Ariana said and the General looked at them and then at the soldier who was with her. "Major? What brings you here?" General Evans asked him and Derek saluted him before returning to his normal stance. "I heard you and Ambassador Adalhi were meeting with representatives from Vale so I thought I'd bring everything I have on Vale so far." Derek said holding out a file to the General. The General took the file and looked at it. "So you have been gathering information on Vale?" Ozpin asked and the General looks at Ozpin. "The Major here is assigned with threat assessment so I have no doubt he looked into what Vale is capable of as an enemy. However that's only if it's needed." The General explained. 

"Well I didn't just investigate the military power but the way of life of it's people too." Derek said and Ozpin nodded. "I see, So you were taking into account of Vale becoming an ally as well and what you could use to help in negotiations as well." Ozpin said and Derek nodded. "But then why would you treat Vale as an enemy and research it's strength like one?" Weiss said glaring at Derek. Derek was unfazed by her glare and looked her in the eyes. "We have a saying back on Earth. If you desire peace prepare for war!" Derek replied and this sentence shocked team RWBY. "But why would you prepare for war if you want peace?" Blake asked. "Because you'll need to be ready to defend it when the time comes. After all there's always threats to peace." Derek said and Blake sat down after hearing his explanation. "I hate to admit it Blake but Derek is kind of right in this regard. After all the Faunus didn't get the land of Menagerie by asking for it. We had to fight for our rights, even if we didn't get them we still got a place we could live in peace away from the other kingdoms." Ariana said and Blake sighed and nodded. 

Suddenly Samuel's phone started ringing and he looked at it. "Excuse me I need to take this." He said before walking off. "So Ariana are you and Derek officially seeing each other yet?" Kali asked smiling causing Ariana's face to turn red. "Eh!? W-what do you mean? " She said blushing and Kali giggled while Blake looked confused. "Ariana what is Mom talking about?" Blake asked and before Ariana could answer Kali spoke up. "Oh well you see Blake, Derek and Ariana have been spending a lot of time together. In fact they're quite close with one another and it's common knowledge that they have feelings for each other." Kali said smiling causing Ariana's face to turn a darker shade of red. All the while Derek kept quiet and the General just sat there but it was quite obvious to the others that he was finding the situation amusing. After a few minutes Samuel walked back into the room. "Headmaster Ozpin you said that you would look into peace negotiations between the U.S. and Vale correct?" Samuel asked and Ozpin nodded. "Yes. I plan on starting the process once I return to Vale." Ozpin replied and Samuel nodded. "Well the leader of our nation, President Ryan Marshall is planning a visit to this world and will be joined by the Prime Ministers from the United Kingdom and Canada." Samuel explained and Ozpin raised an eyebrow. 

"United Kingdom? Canada?" Ozpin said and Ariana looks at him. "The United Kingdom and Canada are two countries on Earth that are allies of the United States of America. Hearing that leaders from those two countries want to visit here makes sense actually." Ariana explained and they nodded. "So I'm guessing they'll want to negotiate as well then?" Taiyang said and Samuel nodded. "Yes. Also Mr. Belladonna the Prime Ministers would also like to sign a peace treaty with Menagerie as well." Samuel said and Ghira nodded. "Of course. I'm willing to meet with them and if they can help Menagerie out as much as the America has then I have no problem with negotiating with them." Ghira said and Samuel nods. Then General Evans looked at Derek. "Major I want your teams to work with the Menagerie peace officers to set up security for their arrival!" The General said and Derek saluted him. "Yes sir! I'll go get my teams ready." He said before leaving.

{And done with another chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Until the next update!}