Age of Discovery

The vacation was good, but I prefer combat. And that is what I got. Hell Yes!

We were fighting an unknown class Klaxosaur, it had a large shifting sphere on the bottom, with four mouths spewing stuff at us, it posed almost no threat to us, but combat is combat. I'm a hardened vet. I enjoyed the vacay, but this was my life. We engaged said klaxosaur about 3 miles from the plantation, not a lot, but just enough for a delayed radio response.

The tactics were still all over the place, but were slowly forming, I would need to train them, but no matter. We were working as a unit, and that's what matters. We took poking strikes at the klaxosaur, gradually wearing it down. Streliza and Delphinium striking hard and fast, Genista and Chlorophytum were taking potshots at possible weak points, and Argenta? I honestly don't know. I would have to check my cams later. After the sortie with squad 26, I had Dr. Franxx's engineers install cameras and a panel on my titan, it would permit me to shut down, jump start, and or eject the pilots from the Franxx, however, I could also just blow it up. But I had them install an adaptive cover over the Pistls, in order to protect them if necessary. I snuck in later and added a tele point, permitting me to wrench them out in an emergency. Among other things. Anyway, back to the combat.

I ordered everyone to move closer, partially because Genista and myself were about 300 meters back from the combat, but also because I was getting antsy, I hated having to observe. It's not my style, I like combat, not relaxed, point and click style. Time for some action, I kept the panel open, checking on the stats and cams occasionally, but no more than a few seconds for each. I reached the scene of the action

Wyatt: MOVE

Everyone sidestepped, I drug the Great Axe through the dirt, bringing rocks with it, impaling and knocking over the klaxosaur. A horrifying shriek filled the air, and said klaxosaur spat blue goo at us. It didn't affect me, nor my titan. However, Some of it got on the Franxx...

 Chlorophytum: What is this stuff?!

Genista: Eww, It's sticky!

Streliza: It doesn't seem to affect us.

Delphinium: Let's keep fighting!

As they began to fight, I cycled through the cameras again, something caught my attention, the boys had gone quite, why? I cycled to Genista and saw something, the goo was melting the parasite suits. Basterds, look away! I slammed the adaptive cover, and activated my comms to the Stamens.

Wyatt: Focus on the mission, not them, say a damn word I'll beat you.

Zorome glared at the camera, Futoshi looked sheepish, as he was the only one that didn't look, Mitsuru and Goro looked bored, but a little embarrassed. Hiro? He looked appalled, but it wore off when he saw my holo-image glaring at him. I dispatched the klaxosaur with a well placed shot to the midsection, my first Hybrid rifle shot on this planet. Hopefully not the last.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

We entered the hanger bay after a silent flight. I hope I don't have to tell the girls... I'll probably have to, whatever, if I get slapped, so be it. It is customary at this point. I looked on as the Franxx powered down and made my move.

Wyatt: Girls, stay where you are, don't leave the platforms. Boys, stand up and turn around till I come get you.

Collective Girls: What why?

Wyatt: You'll find out in a second. Boys, do what I say, no arguments.

Collective Boys: Understood...

I walked over to Delphinium, she would be the easiest to deal with, as she did not have a large platform presence, but Kokoro and Zero Two would be different. I got the boys out one by one, Zorome gave me trouble, but I just threw him over my shoulder. Not having this today bud. After I got them out, I had a decision to make. Tell them now, or go to each one with a towel and cover them, option two sounded better. But not necessarily.