Intelligence, will guide you to Survival

Wyatt's POV

*Sarp whistle, flapping fabric, scuba apparatus pumping, sudden darkness*

*THUD*

Darkness, pain, consciousness...

Ow... shit... I should have just walked.

Suit A.I: Systems active... Pilot heath full... Engaging frontal cams...

The helmet turned on, revealing a bright beam of light in a large airy chamber, the walls were covered in deep blue lines, similar to a corruption of the skin or other things. my mini map finally activated, revealing a single line that ran from the area above down to where it was, the dates and times synced and the comms came online.

I've been out for only a few hours? Wait... no I've been out for a day and a half... Well shit...

The comms gave their telltale crackle

Gage: Wyatt, are you all right?

Wyatt: That would be an affirmative Gage, I took a nasty fall, I'm surprised that fastball was accurate. I landed on what appears to be a soft surface, no broken bones, just a bruise on my backside.

Gage: Command is asking you to return and continue later.

Wyatt: Tell command that is a negatory, I am continuing my search.

Gage: That is an affirmative, continue.

Wyatt: Radio silence from her on out, understand?

Gage: Understood, I have a message for Zero Two.

Wyatt: Engage playback.

A hologram appeared in front of me, revealing Zero Two in all her splendor, the holgaram refined itself as the connection cleared up, I looked up through the small hole and saw Dropship 762 hovering above.

Zero Two: Hello Darling.

Wyatt: Hello Darling, how have you been?

Zero Two: I've been better... I hate it here without you...

Wyatt: I'll find as fast as my scanners permit me. Then when I get back, we can do whatever.

She looked up and smiled.

Zero Two: I'll be waiting...

...Dah-ling.

Holy- that hits me hard, lets get my ass in gear.

I disconnected and began to scan the room, the pulses appeared as a red lattice spreading around the room, it also doubled as a passive sonar. The room was bigger than it first gave a way to be. The room, sorry cavern, was over 100x100x50 meters in most places, but there were two tunnels. According to my scanners and from what I had seen from the surface, the tunnel to my left led to the other holes in the surface, but the one behind me led to... well, it was so far down that my scanners couldn't tell me. I slowly began walking, then jogging. Then straight up stiming, my speed was upward of 55 km h. My scanners went off and unusual things, such as shifting walls and collapsing(?) ceilings and rising floors.

Hold up, this wall is more metallic right here.

I stopped in my tracks, looking over at said wall, it looked discolored, almost orange against the background that was the black and blue accented hallway. There looked to be a door that had been blown off its hinges, I entered the structure. On the back wall, a symbol sat, it looked very familiar, but it was almost completely covered in the blue vines... Or were they tentacles?... I gently pushed them aside, they wrapped slightly around my hands before retracting into the wall. Yeah definitely tentacles...