New Conflict Old Tactics

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Your gonna want something to eat and drink, this one is long.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Ah morning, such a beautiful time. I looked up from my bed and out the window, I saw Jian flying outside. Such a beautiful bird, shame it's useless without its partner. I looked over at Zero Two's room, she lay curled up on the bed, wearing her nightgown. I must protect her at all costs, even if it means death. The past came again, I repressed harder than I ever had, shoving those memories deep into the white void that is my brain. Stay down, stay away.

I sat up and donned my combat fatigues, deciding to keep my vest off. This bulky anyway, if it didn't have bullet proof plates I wouldn't wear it. I gathered my necessary gear and ammo into one duffle bag, giving it to a carrier who took it to the transport. I grabbed my vest and helmet and walked toward Zero Two's room. I have a decision to make, confront her or comfort her. I reached the border that divided the manor in two. Do I really need to do this? YES. I crossed the border, advancing on her room, I passed by Ichigo and Ikuno walking down the hallway.

Ichigo: Eh?! Wyatt? What are you doing here?!

Wyatt: Seeing someone before I leave.

Ichigo: But you cant be back here.

Wyatt: Really? How much do you think I care

I continued walking, reaching the small stairs over by the corner, I scaled it quickly reaching Her room. I stood outside, I could hear her breath softley. So peaceful yet so distraught. I opened the door slowly, she cracked one eye open and looked at me before turning over and looking at the wall.

Zero Two: Go away.

Wyatt: Can I not say goodbye? I'll be back in a day or two, I just wanted to tell you goodbye for now.

She sighed. It was a sad sigh.

Zero Two: you saw me when i was most vulnerable, i don't like that.

It was my turn to sigh.

Wyatt: There is a reason that instead of running I tried to comfort you. I've been at that point. But I must ask...

I looked directly in her eyes.

Wyatt: Have you ever been past that point?

She looked at me wide eyed.

Zero Two: You mean-?

Wyatt: Yes, yes I have. Do I wish to talk about it? No.

She stood up and gave me a hug. Softly sobbing into my chest.

Wyatt: I'm not good at this, am I?

Zero two: I Wouldn't say that, your terrific, i'm just broken.

Wyatt: Then what does that make me?

She said nothing I left her in the room, as I had a plane to catch.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

I sat on the train that would lead me to the hanger. This was the first time I had taken it since I just phased through everything. No one else was on this train, just me. I looked at my helmet, rubbing my symbol on the left eyebrow. I had to do so much to join the 401st.. I wonder if I should have just taken the option to leave the Milita when I had the chance. With a dull ding the tram arrived at the station. I stood up and left the tram ,donning my helmet, the last of my undonned equipment. I looked over the massive transport hanger, seeing a lone Franxx transport and a few very familiar transports sitting at the ready. I took the elevator down to the deck and was greeted by two guards.