Chapter VII: The Imperial Capital (Part II)

Iqbal walked back to the bar where he left his Unit, with his wounds already treated by the Jietai medic. He was feeling a little better, tire is all he feels.

As Iqbal about to enter, his Unit comes out of the bar. Seeing Iqbal, they stopped. Iqbal continues walking on, as the rest follows right behind him.

"Lieutenant, what happened to you?" Asked one of them.

"A little brawl with some pesky thugs, those thugs think that they can beat a Kopassus soldier.
So I taught them a little valuable lesson, even though I got wounded in the end." Iqbal responded as he kept his voice low.

His unit can only nod, as they knew already of Iqbal's capability. Iqbal and his unit kept walking, as they're heading back towards their outpost. Passing through the Jietai soldier who's on guard duty, and kept walking for a few minutes. They finally arrived at their outpost, with only the 3rd Unit guarding the outpost. They're not exactly guarding, more like doing their routine.

Iqbal went inside with his 1st Unit, as he was immediately greeted by Supriyadi. Everyone would ask about what just happened to Iqbal, but different with Supriyadi. Supriyadi however, did this.

"You had a fight?" asked Supriyadi to his best friend. Iqbal nodded his head.

"You win?" He asked again, and again Iqbal just nodded.

"How much?" He asked again, Iqbal raise his left hand and showing open his palm.

"That's lesser than before. They underestimate you. So anyway, got anything?" Supriyadi asked Iqbal, as Iqbal sat on a chair.

"Yeah, I found their outpost." Said Iqbal casually.

Hearing this, Supriyadi and both of the 1st and 3rd Unit is surprised. Iqbal gained intel faster than anyone else, even the 1st Unit didn't get anything from the bar.

"W-wow. You're surprisingly efficient, well done!" Said Supriyadi congratulate him.

"Nah, it's nothing. Got any more jobs for us?" Iqbal asked Supriyadi.

"No, there's no assignment for you and your unit for now. By the way, where did you treat your wounds?" Said Supriyadi as he asked Iqbal a question.

"I got treatment from the Jietai, they didn't suspect a thing yet. But now, I have to distance myself from them. At least, I'll distance myself when this laceration heals up perfectly." He responded as he pats his right arm.

"The Jietai medic asked you to come again didn't they?" Guess Supriyadi.

"Yeah, I'll be visiting them for a few days just to get this bandage a change," Iqbal replied to Supriyadi's guess as he stood up.

"If you don't mind, I want to hit the sack. You okay with that?" Asked Iqbal.

"Yeah, it's fine. I'll wake you up if we got something interesting." Supriyadi responded.

"Thanks, man, I appreciate it." Said Iqbal as he walked upstairs.

The 1st Unit and Supriyadi see Iqbal walked upstairs, as he disappears when he passes a corner. Then a loud thump was heard, as Supriyadi wonders alone in his mind

Iqbal singlehandedly manages to gain information with ease when others are struggling. He thought to himself.

°°°°°°

April 24th 20XX, Akusho, Sadera. Next day.

Iqbal sat motionless as boredom possess him, even with the situation of the bar that is full of life, he felt bored. He sat on the same bar as yesterday with his Unit, with the same 2nd unit.