27

"You can let go now,"

It's supposed to be a whisper to myself but he suddenly laughed a little. Akala ko ay hihiwalay na siya dahil sa kahihiyan pero mas hinigpitan niya pa ang hawak niya sa braso ko. Gosh, I badly want to wrap my arms around him as well, but I don't want us to be awkward after this. Well, yes! We'll be awkward for sure, pero ayokong dagdagan ang awkwardness!

"Nagseselos ka ba?" He suddenly asked, which made my eyes widen.

"Ha! Bakit ako magseselos? Jowa kita?" I pushed him away immediately.

He just chuckled and leaned against the counter, putting his hands inside his pockets. I looked away when I realized I was staring too much.

"Umuwi ka na. May naghihintay sa'yo," I said coldly. I walked towards the stove to get the casseroles that he used for cooking.

"I'll just call you." He said and smiled before turning his back to walk out my unit.

I was so preoccupied by what just happened that I didn't even get to send him out. I was thinking a lot of things kaya naupo ulit ako at patuloy pa ring hinahawakan ang pang-ibabang labi ko. My mind was so clouded and confused! Just.. just why did he do that?!

And the kiss... Did he really just kiss me? He was the last person who kissed me and that was six years ago! I didn't imagine that we'd kiss again after years! Sa tingin ko nga ay nakalimutan ko na kung paano humalik. But he was so good! His lips was.. soft.

I am already overanalyzing things right now. What was the kiss for? And I got weirded out because of what he said when he hugged me! Gusto niya pa rin ba 'ko? Gosh, my mind won't stop thinking about it! Oh my god, the kiss suddenly replayed in my mind. It was more embarrassing when I realized I suddenly pulled him first earlier so I could kiss him. I almost said that I missed him so much! Oh my goodness, this is a headache!

I was just looking in front, my mind is still blank when I unconsciously dialed Claire's number. Nakita ko na lang na sinagot niya pala ang tawag ko.

[Hoy—]

"Have you ever been kissed by a man you're not even dating?" I asked her.

I had to cut her off. I badly want to open it up to her already kaya nagtanong na kaagad ako sa kanya.

[Anong tanong 'yan?]

"Just.. just answer!" Naiiritang sambit ko. I pushed back the hair that was covering my face because I fumbled it earlier.

[Sino 'yang ka-momol mo?!]

Narinig kong tumaas ang boses niya dahil sa pagtanong niya saakin. I was about to answer when she suddenly made weird seal noises.

[Oh my gosh! Ang speed niyo talaga! Nagha.. oh my gosh I can't even say it!]

She sounded so excited and happy. While I'm here, feeling so awkward kahit na wala naman dito si Jared.

"It's not me!" I still denied. "I was watching a m-movie and the male lead suddenly k-kissed the leading lady. Tapos hindi naman sila! I mean, why would he do that?!" I reasoned out.

[Ugh, Valerie! Why are you asking the obvious?! Gusto ka pa rin niya!]

"Sabi ng hindi ako 'yon!" Singhal ko.