Suspicious

Photo above not mine, ctto

Ayanokouji's POV

During the spring break, I strolled around Keyaki Mall to buy new clothes and related stuff.

I then saw a group of girls, who are engaged in deep talk with each other at a popular cafe. The group consists of Matsushita, Satou and Shinohara but I just passed them and headed to my destination.

At the Clothing Store

After buying all the necessary stuff I needed, I want to head straight to the dorms but decided to wrap things first, regarding a person who been concealing her presence behind me.

I move slightly faster and turn around the corner, to ambush Matsushita.

After about 10 second, Matsushita turned around the corner to catch up with me.

“Whoah!?” she let out a surprised voice

“What do you want?” I asked

“What do you mean?” she asked a question to find an excuse

I continue to look at her which tells I'm not buying it

Knowing that she's already been exposed, she answer honestly.

“I want to asked you something, Ayanokouji-kun” she said

I just nod, telling her to continue

“You was the commanding tower in the year end exam, right?”

“Yes, what about it?” I asked

“How did you fight with Sakayanagi-san like your in equal footing?”

“I just followed Horikita's plan, that's all”

“Then if your just following Horikita-san's plan? Care to explain how you answer the 10th question in the mental arithmetic?”

Of course, its normal to be suspicious, especially to a person who doesn't stand out in anything but suddenly answered a very difficult question.

“I did a lot of mental arithmetic in junior high, so I'm quite good at it” I answered

““Me too, but you aren’t on the level of “quite good”, I think that you’re good enough to participate at the national level.” she said

“Well I-” as I was to about to answer she asked

“Tell me, Ayanokouji-kun you're holding back right?”

‘Based on how she asked, it seems she has done her research well’

“It does seem like I'm holding back” I replied

“Why?” she asked

“I dont really like attracting attention” I answered

“If you say so...but I want you to contribute more in the future”

“Sure” I just answered casually

“Mind if I asked another question?” she asked

It seems that she's not done yet’

“Its okay, just keep it brief”

She then looked at me in the eye

“Whats your relationship with Karuizawa-san?”

I was shocked upon hearing Kei's name. I was sure that nobody saw us interacting with one another or saw Kei going inside my room. This girl must be better than I imagined.

Matsushita then saw my reaction and begin her attack.

“So its true huh! That Karuizawa-san break up with Hirata-kun to date you”

Matsushita already came to conclusion but I must correct something.

“Its not what you think, it is” I said

“What do you mean? Ayanokouji-kun”

“The truth is, I asked Karuizawa for advise” I said while averting my gaze

She then raised an eyebrow upon hearing the truth.

“Advise? What kind of advise?”

“Its really embarassing to talked about it!” I said while shaking my head left and right

“Come on Ayanokouji-kun, there's no need to be shy, hehe” she laughed at me

“Let me guess! You asked for dating advised right? Hahaha” she said while holding back her laughter

Can she read my mind or I'm just easy to read?’ I thought

I just simply nod and looked at the ground

“Haha, may I know who this lucky girl is?”

Curiosity is drawn all over her face, so girls really like to talked about love and stuff.

“I..I ..cant tell you”

“I won't breath a word, I promise”

Matsushita POV

So Ayanokouji's in love hupt? My classmate who didn't show any expression beside his usual poker face, the student who race against the former student council president and who was rank 4 place in the hot guys list.

Based on his reaction, I can tell that he's quite fond on her. I wonder who this girl is. She must be quite amazing to catch his attention.

Ugh, I'm jealous, just kidding hehe’

“You really want to know?” he then face me, I look into his eyes, no, precisely I was force to look into his eyes.

This is the first time I saw this side of him. The color of his eye change, like looking into the dark abyss.

I was about to back out but he suddenly grab my shoulder preventing me to leave.

“Ayanokouji-ku-”

I did not finish calling his name, when he suddenly confess.

“I like you Matsushita, please date me?” he said while looking directly in my eye

My mind went blank, wait wait wait, what is the meaning of this? His joking right? But from his looked, I can tell that his serious about this.

“Wwwhhy me?” No there's no need to be flustered, I must first know his reason of choosing me? Before giving an answer

It's not that I got a problem with his looks, the truth is, his more handsome than Hirata-kun. He might even surpassed him in popularity if he practice his social skills and there must still more on him that he haven't shown.

“Because your cute, I guess” he replied

What!? Did he say I'm cute?

“So, only that?” I asked

I was expecting a well reason explanation and all I heard is because I'm cute! Am I a joke?

“Just kidding” he let out a smiled

Wow, I might be the first person to see him smile. It is the complete opposite of his eye earlier. It was so warm and somewhat sweet, to be honest I don't understand him.

“The truth is, well its true that your cute and there's still a lot more but its a drag to explain it one by one. All I'm sure is that I like you, Matsushita!” he said

I guess no matter how many times I asked him, he wont tell. I dont really accept someone's confession, if they cant provide a well reasoned explanation but I leave it for now.

“I guess we'll try” I answered

Im sorry Satou, I cant waste this opportunity in learning more about Ayanokouji-kun’

He then show me the warmest smile he can give and crystal like tears is forming in the side of his eyes.

So his confession is genuine? I wonder what's our classmate's reaction after knowing about this? I will soon find out, when the classes start, hehe’