Bittersweet

"What we got," Miranda said power walking out the doors of the emergency room.
34-year-old male GSW (gunshot wound) to the chest. Miranda help push the gurney into trauma one. When she finally got the patient stable she instructed her resident to prep him for surgery.
While Miranda was in the scrub room she looked through the clear glass and realizing the anesthesiologist in the chair was Ben.
"What are you doing here I thought you had a date with the great amazing Lauren" Miranda said sarcastically as the scrub nurse helped her put on her surgical gloves.
"That didn't go well at all" Ben murmured.
"What happened" she then turned to her surgical nurse "10 blade please" she asked and took the scalpel out of her hand.
"She was 20 minutes late and when she finally arrived she ordered a screwdriver then held my hand and told me it won't work out..... I'm too nice she said".
"Oh no she didn't".
"Oh yes, she did then left me to pay the bill".
"She put a screwdriver right through your little heart," Miranda said chuckling.
"Hahaha very funny kick me while I'm down".
"You're not down you never really liked her any way you just wanted to sleep with her.
"That's not true Miranda I want a real relationship but I haven't found the right one yet".
"Mmm ok" she then continued with the procedure she was performing, the room being still for only a moment.
"Hey do you want to come by my house for a drink there's a sci-fi Marathon going on tonight" Miranda suggested.
"Not tonight I just want to go home take a long shower, drink a bottle of Jack and watch Angela Bassett in 9-1-1".
"Ok, I understand" she snickers.
She then became still and pulled the bullet out of the patient's body.
-----
Miranda walked through her house doors with grocery bags and began to speak .
"Tucker I know what you're gonna say and I was caught up in traffic it's raining cats and dogs out there".
Miranda continued to ramble on as Tucker just sat on the sofa looking at his phone.
"Hello!!! Tucker are you listening to me".
"Oh yeah, baby I heard you".
"Where's Tuck".
"I put him to bed a couple of hours ago".
"Do you want anything to eat?" she asked him as she began to put the groceries away.
Tucker got up and started to walk towards her. "No I ate a big lunch" then positioned his hand on top of her butt while kissing her neck.
"Tucker Jones" Miranda whined.
"Miranda Bailey" he commenced to massaging her butt.
"Tucker I'm tired".
"You've been tired for two weeks now Miranda".
"Two weeks is not a long time plus I am really tired I had a 7-hour long surgery".
"Whatever Miranda" Tucker said cutting her off and walking away going up the stairs.
She didn't want to argue about sex with Tucker so she decided to stay downstairs on the sofa for a while until he went to sleep. Miranda sat on the couch thinking about her life.
It was bittersweet.
Work was going great she loved being a surgeon. The hospital was truly her happy place and it was extra special because her friend Ben Warren was there.
Ben and Miranda became friends shortly after the merge.
*FLASHBACK*
"Dr. Bailey please just talk to me." Ben said chasing Miranda down the halls of the hospital.
"I don't want to talk to you" she then rushed into the attendance lounge being followed.
Ben closed the door behind them.
"Why, I thought we were all good after the whole woman waking up in the middle of surgery thing".
"We are but," she looked up at the tall mocha man standing in front of her and pushed her bang behind her ear.
"I know your intentions and I'm married, I can't".
"Woah your married I can't believe that," he said sarcastically.
"Ooh, you want to be a funny man don't you".
"I know you're married Miranda. Dr. Knox told me a couple of weeks ago".
"Oh".
"Yeah, now I'm not going to lie at first I had a little thing for you".
"I knew it".
"But" cutting her off "after I found out that you were married I backed off. I can be a lot of things but one thing I'm not is a homewrecker".
Miranda raised her eyebrows.
"After we worked on that case together I realize you're a cool person Miranda and I was wondering if we can be friends".
After that day they became really good friends in and outside of the hospital. They were always there for one another. Like when it was Tucker and Miranda's anniversary Ben babysat tuck so they could have some alone time. Or when Ben's dad had died, Miranda was there for him every day even after the funeral.
They were like two peas in a pod.
Miranda coming back from her daydreaming heard her phone rang.
"Hello"
"Hi, Mandy how are you doing". Miranda realized it was Callie.
"Hey girl I'm just relaxing in my living room what about you".
"I'm good but why are you in your living room".
"Waiting for Tucker to go sleep to avoid an argument".
"What happened now".
Miranda explained to Callie what happened.
"Miranda that's not healthy".
"I know but I have to try to work it out we have a child together".
"Coparenting is not bad". Miranda made a loud sigh "It's time for you to leave that dump and get with Ben".
Miranda had a disorientated expression across her face.
"Wait-what Ben and me together we're just friends and that's it".
"The friend who's butt you gawk at from time to time".
"On that note, I am going to my bed".
"OK good night see you tomorrow at work.
"Good night".
Miranda huffed at her friend's comment. "I don't gawk at ben". she thought to herself "We look at each other like friends and friends is all we will be". Walking away going up the stairs and falling asleep next to Tucker.