Writing Friends (Answer to Jaysen27's Question)

Do you ever use people you know in your books? -Jaysen27

Do I use friends' names?

Yes!

Do friends want to be in your story?

Yes!

Do friends like having their bad parts written about?

No!

Having deep characters means they have good parts, and they have bad.

I don't write my friends into stories because I don't want them to become offended by how I portray them. Not that I would make them look bad, but something I may like about them, may be something they're insecure about.

I may pull parts from my friends and combine them together to create a character, however.

Now as I said earlier, I've named characters after my friends, and one time a character unintentionally started to remind me of the person they were named after.

I've even tried creating a character with my own characteristics. She ended up taking a life of her own, but she has some of my traits. It's weird to say this, but I was like an outline for her.

Honestly if someone where to add me into their story and I read it, I would end up learning a lot about myself and find out how people view me. And isn't that just a bit intimidating?

Then a again, you could always add them in, and just not tell them.

-----
Remember you can comment your writing questions, and I'll be happy to answer them.