Chapter 1 (Year 1)

On September first I woke up earlier than I had in weeks the Weasley's had agreed to let me stay the night before so we could all go to the train station together. I was the first of the kids to be awake and met Mrs. Weasley down in the kitchen, she was a stressed out mess when I found her, worrying about if everyone had packed everything and if we were going to make it to the train on time.

"Good morning Mrs. Weasley!" I came in and wrapped her in a hug, I was in such a good mood.

"Good morning Dearie." She smiled at my embrace.

"Do you need any help this morning?" I glanced around the kitchen that was a mess with supplies and breakfast fix-ins. She was most definitely overwhelmed and with everything she had done for me in the past six years I felt I owed this family my life.

"Can you wake everyone?" I nodded and was off. I went to Percy first, he was the oldest of the children who were going to Hogwarts this year, a prefect for Gryffindor and he made sure everyone knew it. When I knocked on his door he was already awake and shining his prefect badge for the fifth time since I had arrived the night before.

"Your mum wanted to make sure you were up and ready." He rolled his eyes at me as I shut the door. "Fowl git, that one." I mumbled as I set off to the twins' room. Fred and George were rambunctious troublemakers, they pranked everyone, usually harmless pranks though. Fred, the older of the twins, was a bit more ruthless, he started everything and was usually the one to suggest the more over the top pranks. George however was much gentler, when I was about six and the twins were about eight he tried to pretend that that he was Fred and apologize to me after he found me crying after Fred had pranked me, setting a bucket on top of a door that would fall on me covering me in glue and feathers, he then chased me around the house squawking like a chicken. Fred was a bit more outgoing that George, George was quieter – though quiet is not a word you would ever use to describe a Weasley, especially not the twins – he preferred to let his brother do the talking. However, when it came to their mischief, they were both the masterminds, they each brought something different to the table. When I knocked on their door neither was awake, I opened the door and tip-toed in, the room looked like a tornado had run through it, clothes falling from the top of the dresser, prank items all over the floor, clothes in piles all over the place, not sure who's was whose and what was clean and what was dirty. I shook my head going to George's bed first. He was shirtless when I got to him which startled me a little bit. I must have been staring for a moment or two because I hadn't heard Fred wake up behind me.

"Like what you see do you?" I jumped, turning to face him, my cheeks red hot as I blushed. He started laughing which eventually woke George up.

"What's going on?" he said sleepily

"Well, Daphne here was just-"

"Coming to tell you two that your mother wants you up and getting ready and that breakfast will be ready soon." I said as fast as I could and ran out of the room. By the time I had gotten up to Ron's room the blush had worn off and I was back in my element, just me and my best friend Ronnie. I didn't even bother knocking, I could hear his snores from outside the room. As I came into his room I couldn't help but laugh at the mess that it was, not as bad as the twins room but still a disaster. I climbed onto his bed and stood up with a foot on either side of him and began jumping. Soon a twin climbed up onto the bed on either side of me and was jumping with me. I blushed a bit when they each grabbed my hand, so we were jumping as a team.

"Look Georgie! Her face is as red as our hair!" Fred screamed and I laughed so hard I fell on top of the somehow still sleeping Ron, thankfully the twins fell similarly and we dog piled on Ron who finally woke up wondering what the hell was happening. Ginny must have woken up hearing all the noise the four of us were making and stumbled in still half asleep to ask what was going on. When she saw the dogpile on Ron she stopped asking questions and just threw herself into it. All five of us a hysterical mess. As if on cue that was when Mrs. Weasley called us for breakfast. We all ran down the stairs still laughing from waking up Ron. Mrs. Weasley smiled at us as we sat down, Percy rolled his eyes and continued reading a book, already studying for one of his OWLs.