Chapter 9 (Year 5 part 2)

We made our way to the train station as one large clump of kids followed by Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Hermione was rushing ahead, eager to get on the train and into her robes to put on her prefect's pin as soon as possible, Ron and Harry were dragging in the back, already dreading the impending school year. As we boarded, I watched Hermione race towards the back where the other prefects were to be sat, I was supposed to follow her, but I didn't instead squeezing in next to George with Fred and Lee.

"Aren't you supposed to be sitting with the other prefects?" Fred asked a bit annoyed as he sat down, Lee's eyes widened and he looked at me, almost disappointed.

"Oh, come on! Daphne! You're a prefect?!" I rolled my eyes at him. "How are you able to be a prefect. You're dating George here. They clearly didn't think this through."

"As if I'm actually going to do anything. As far as I'm concerned my job is to wander the halls at night to make sure these two idiots don't get themselves into too much trouble, keep the first years alive, remind anyone of password changes and enjoy the prefects bathroom." I chuckled winking at George whose face lit bright pink. Ron pushed open the door to the compartment and stared at me, almost pleading for me to come with him as he gestured towards the back of the train.

"Don't tell me Ickle Ronnikinz is a prefect too?!" Lee let out with a loud cackle.

"I'm 'fraid so Lee." I said quietly joining in on his laughter. "Sorry Ronnie, but this is my last year with these three buffoons, I don't plan to miss a second of it being stuck back there with the snobs, and Hermione on her power trip – love her dearly but we all know that's what this is – and if I was you I wouldn't go either. Harry will be sat all by his lonesome without you." Ron started nodding but was soon joined by Hermione.

"Ron, Daphne, we are expected to be sat in the prefect's compartment. Come along." I rolled my eyes and waved goodbye to Ron as I closed the door, earning a scoff from Hermione. I snuggled into George's side and he kissed the top of my head.

"Oi, if the two of you plan to be this...gross...I'm going to need Daphne to go to the prefect's compartment after all." Fred said covering his eyes and laughing.

"Don't be jealous Freddie, someone will want to kiss you some day." George said with a smirk.

"I've gotten plenty of kisses from girls thank you very much!"

"Oh have you?"

"I have a girlfriend thank you very much!"

"Mum doesn't count Fred." Before I could wrap my head around what was happening the two boys were lunging at one another, slamming punches into the other playfully. Lee moved to sit next to me with a wide smile stretching his face.

"So, Daphne...five Galleons on George." He said quietly.

"That's not fair! That's basically saying I have to bet against my boyfriend...which would be a horrible bet...we both know Fred has nothing on George."

"No way. George has started getting soft since you too got together, I reckon it's about a fair fight now."

"So, then you bet on Fred winning."

"You see...I would...but...I don't want to just give money away for free."

"So, then we agree it's George all the way?"

"You two know we can still hear you right?" Fred asked pulling apart from his brother.

"And? Didn't say anything that wasn't true, did we?" Lee asked, earning himself a smack from both twins.