Chapter 6 (Year 4 part 3)

Not long after the first task, things began settling back into our new normal, Harry was always a bit on edge seeing as he was always wondering when the next task was going to be announced, George and I spent time together acting as if their was no tension between us when we'd almost kiss or hold a hug for longer than it needed to be, but Harry and Ron were back to being friends so it was as normal as we were going to be getting around here. Classes were going well, and everyone was buzzing about going home for Christmas until an announcement was made – all houses must meet with their head of house – and what was this announcement? That along with hosting the Triwizard tournament we were to hold the Yule Ball, a dance, an actual school dance like in all those muggle movies. We were taught how to properly dance; it was a bit awkward when we were put into pairs and I got to dance with Cedric while we learned.

"Well hello again." He said as he took my hand in his, placing his other hand on my waist.

"Hello Ced." As the music started, he began to sway me, he wasn't a bad dancer which showed off just how bad I was. "I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly from your task." I tried to talk, to keep my eyes on him but I kept accidentally stepping on his toes, which made me look back at my feet. Cedric however was as sweet as could be, he kept going until I had gotten the hang of it...or at least enough so that I wouldn't embarrass myself when dancing with someone at the dance.

"Well I'd be even better off if I had myself a private healer like Potter does." He said with a smile, I had hoped he wouldn't bring that up, it made me feel bad that I treated Harry so differently but I didn't know Cedric like I knew Harry, it would have been odd for me, a girl he barely knew to heal his wounds for no reason.

"Well Harry's practically family with as close as he and-"

"Well maybe you could get closer with me and we could be like family. Then you could help me as well?"

"I'd need a lot more burn salve..." I chuckled, we continued to sway, and as we talked, I didn't feel as nervous, I hadn't stepped on his feet in a few minutes. As our laughter subsided, he looked down at me, an odd expression filling his eyes.

"Any idea who you'd like to go with? To the ball I mean?" He asked, picking me up to spin me around, I felt my face heat up at the question but shook my head no. "Oh? Perhaps a certain red head would like to take you." He wiggled his eyebrows at me, I looked away from him and ended up stepping on his foot from being so flustered, he just laughed.

"I-I don't know about that."

"And why not? You two are together all the time, I thought you two fancied one another."

"I don't know, that's been a bit of a complicated thing for him and I and I'm not sure that going to a ball together would make it any less messy."

"What makes it messy?" I let go of Cedric, even though the music was still playing.

"I can't talk about this right now. I have to go." I said moving away from him.

"Daphne I'm sorry." Cedric said trying to get me to come back, I kept walking, looking for Professor Sprout, when she looked at me, she began nodding her approval to leave when she saw how stressed I was. I wasn't sure why I was stressed, I just felt very uncomfortable talking with Cedric about my feelings for George, we hadn't been able to discuss them with each other and things were just starting to go back to normal so the thought of asking him to this stupid ball seemed like it would just ruin the little bit of normal we had. I wandered the castle for a bit, all the other students were still in their dance lessons, so I could go anywhere I wanted and it would be empty...so as always I made my way up to the astronomy tower. It was my favorite place in the school because you could see everything. However, that cute ginger boy I didn't want to see right at that moment also knew how much I loved the view from the astronomy tower, so it wasn't long before he appeared at my side.