19

This time Jungkook strolled into Yoongi's dorm, it was way past seven. He didn't mean to be so late. Ava had no clue that Jungkook was even coming here. She tried to talk Jungkook into letting her stay in his dorm, but it took him a while to find an excuse. So when he walked into Yoongi's dorm, Yoongi looked slightly upset. It's not like he actually goes to sleep right at seven o'clock. Why should it matter if Jungkook's a little late?

  He came in his pajamas this time. And he had left his pillow at Yoongi's dorm; he realized that when he was watching some comedy movie with Ava. She asked where it was, and Jungkook blamed it on his roommate— whatever his name was. Ava merely raised an eyebrow at him and looked over at his roommate's bed to find only one pillow.

  "Didn't mean to be so late." Jungkook found himself explaining to Yoongi. This time Yoongi's own pajamas consisted of an off-white t-shirt and black and red pajama pants— your typical pajama patterned pants.

  "It's fine." Yoongi crawled up to his bed. He says it's fine, but Jungkook could hear the tint of 'no it's not' coming from his voice, the sound of slight anger coming through.

  Instead of fucking himself out of money by snapping back, Jungkook decided to hop up into Yoongi's bed after him. Yoongi was facing the wall once again, a lot more quiet than yesterday. Jungkook shrugged it off and made himself comfortable. He's making easy money. No need to question his boss.

  Jungkook chuckled to himself as he thought about calling Yoongi boss. Yoongi turned around to question him, but Jungkook couldn't miss the way Yoongi's eyes widened at him. No, not at him. He was looking somewhere else. Somewhere above Jungkook, with a hint of disbelief and surprise in his expression.

  Jungkook raised his head from his pillow and looked behind himself in confusion. This is the first time Yoongi has faced away from the wall to even look at Jungkook. Had he done something wrong? Is there a spider above his head? Did Seokjin walk in again?

  But there was nothing.

  "You good?" Jungkook turned back to Yoongi. He wasn't sure why he was even asking, honestly. But the look in Yoongi's eyes sort of made Jungkook question being there.

Yoongi looked a little more relieved after a moment, but his eyes were still wide open. He shook his head as if he wasn't even listening to Jungkook and he faced the wall again, pressing himself even further into it than last night. Jungkook was more than confused. He hadn't said or done anything. Was Yoongi upset or mad? Anything? Why didn't he answer him?

  He shrugged to himself and made himself more comfortable in the bed, having almost plenty of room to himself considering Yoongi barely took up any space. The thought of making another $70 just came across as wild to Jungkook. That's almost as much as he made at his other job, which he needs to quit.

  After a moment of thinking, Jungkook turned to Yoongi's back and hummed. "Should I quit my job?" He asked, wanting to know if this will be a long term thing. Yoongi didn't turn to look at him. He stayed against the wall. And again, Jungkook wasn't sure why he was even speaking again. He doesn't usually ever feel this awkward or feel the need to talk.

  "Sure." Yoongi spat. It sounded a little bit rude to Jungkook. Maybe it was because he's used to making eye contact when he talks and not having someone almost ignore him.

  "Turn to me." Jungkook didn't realize he was even saying it until he could sense Yoongi's body stiffen next to him. He cleared his throat and pulled the blanket closer to him.

  "Why?" Yoongi asked in confusion.

  Jungkook shrugged even though Yoongi couldn't see him. "Haven't you heard that it's rude to not make eye contact while having a conversation with someone?" He asked. Yoongi shook his head, his blonde hair falling down a little further as he did so. The back of his head looked round and Jungkook was already tired of talking to him this way. "Turn around."

  "Go to sleep." Yoongi said instead. "I wouldn't have to make eye contact if you would just go to sl—" he turned around all of a sudden, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

  He's so fucking odd.

  "See, was that so hard?" Jungkook was finally satisfied with Yoongi looking back at him. His eyes held confusion again, just like earlier. But this time Jungkook noticed smaller details without even meaning to. First of all, Yoongi has long eyelashes. They fluttered against his skin as he blinked back at Jungkook. The room was dark, but he could see that Yoongi's dark eyes blended in just well with it. The sun had barely set not too long ago, so it wasn't exactly too dark outside. Especially not since there was a streetlight close to his window.

Yoongi's cheek was pressed against his own pillow and his pink lips were slightly parted, a thing that must happen every time he's confused. Or maybe his lips are naturally parted like that, set into a small pout. Jungkook also noticed how shiny his face was. It was such small details that he just happened to notice. Nothing too special.

  Yoongi glanced back into Jungkook's eyes one last time before he closed them, settling into his bed comfortably now. And since his eyes were shut, Jungkook examined even more.

  "Just quit your job if you want to." Yoongi muttered lowly. His voice was calm and deep. "I'm going to sleep now." He said.

~