Chapter Forty Nine

Yes, okay, alright. This was probably not going to go down so well ultimately... but hear me out.

I was sitting on the floor of the bathroom in the central part of the main house and was busy hugging my knees against my chest staring at the wall... alone. Now it wasn't my intention to run off without them but one thing leads to another, right?

My fucking soul was burning in my chest, I felt like I was trembling in my body just waiting to reach out and see my spirits hand cross threshold into the outside of me, and if it did I was should it would be on fire. I could even imagine the slowly rippling flames that ought to be visible on me.

And yes, I was literally shaking with desire, but I was also burning up, temperature wise, as well. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the way he submitted the other cat, the way he pounced and growled and how impossibly easy it had seemed for him. The way he had sauntered across the pit slowly as though the world would wait for him and looked up at me... those brilliant pale yellow eyes catching me just as the flame was at its height.

It was fucking intolerable.

I could barely breathe the way I felt. And no, of course I wasn't about to tell anyone... I mean what the hell would I say there? 'Hey, none of you believe Kerberos is into me but my cock just got hard watching him crush another cat for some psychotic reason. I'd better go deal with this all on my lonesome, okay?' How damn embarrassing could I get.

I ran my hands through my face and through my hair, brushing the long strands out of the way of my vision.

I groaned. "It's like puberty but so much worse." Especially since I had barely noticed puberty. I hadn't been one of those kids to care if their voice was squeaky and even now I never could grow a proper beard. I could easily go two or three weeks without shaving and barely notice anything. Zits had never bothered me and hadn't lasted long and when it came to sex it had actually taken me a damn while to give a crap about it. I mean kids talk but I never really thought anyone actually cared.

And now I was suddenly I was stuck here, my head still spinning images, trying to keep myself from imagining every position in the good book that I could see Kerberos fucking me in, hard. Probably not what every mother imagines for their sons, but she deserves a big fuckup like me. And I was holding back, I was capable of thinking up so much worse and it was a real struggle to keep proper explicit thoughts out of my head.

Every time one slipped through I groaned quietly into the empty bathroom.

How strange would it be if I showered again today? I was beginning to feel like it might just be the only way to cool the heat that was swirling inside me down. Better to try than not to try, right?

But I couldn't do it, couldn't even get up and move. And the fucking scent from my jumper and shirt was driving me crazy, every time I ended up focussing on it I saw those eyes watching me in my head. Was I mad or did I see smugness in those eyes, from a cat dripping with confidence, who had not blinked as his opponent had submit beneath him and had simply moved on as though it was only a matter of course.

I stood up slowly and on shaky legs so that I was facing the sink and the mirror on the cabinet above it. 

"Shit..." I sighed, staring at my reflection closely. My cheeks were flushed and my eyes looked slightly hooded. Somehow I felt as though it was completely obvious how I felt right now, like it was just written all over my skin.

And how would people respond if they knew that? What would their reaction be... I didn't know the werecats here but they struck me as somewhat cold and scary from an outsiders perspective, the only ones I understood weren't that way were from my claw.