Chapter Fifty Six

Those flames roared in my ears, the physical sound belonging to the long low purring of the man as I felt his rough tongue swipe along my neck. It felt like sandpaper and yet I wanted more of it, I wanted him to taste every square inch of me. That strange swirling desire wrapping itself around me it was almost suffocating.

I was going to burn to cinders. There was going to be nothing left of me.

I tried to inhale but every breath of air felt like more fire. Every movement felt like I was making things worse, pulling myself deeper into his warmth. I trembled as his lips closed in on a spot on my neck.

He sucked the skin against his teeth and it pinched slightly. "This-" This is bad. I tried to say but I jumped as a spark of pleasure rushing towards my groin. "Oh god, shit." My knees buckled slightly.

My body was burning up, I knew that somehow he could feel that because the way his hand brushed my skin and the look on his face like he was being tortured made me feel sure that he was aware of it. I felt like I had taken something and was having a weird reaction, my skin felt more sensitive than ever and my mind was hyper aware of everything, the way his arms moved, the scent, the short strands of hair at the back of his neck, the broad shoulders and how tall he was.

His lips closed and for a moment he was still, somehow I knew that his eyes were closed. "This is impossible," He groaned against my neck, his teeth grazing my skin. "I need to mark you." He said quietly, it almost sounded like a plea.

I swallowed, my heart stuck somewhere in my throat. I pushed him gently at the shoulders and even then I felt like I could feel each and everything with my fingers.

"You can't." I said quietly. "You'll get in trouble." I looked up at him as he pulled back enough to see his face an inch from mine..

But despite expecting him to pull away and come back to his senses, maybe even over compensate and become cold and send me away so that he could conveniently ignore me from afar he reacted instead with a dark glare.

He wasn't in the same state of mind I was used to seeing him in.

The penetrating glare was completed by the catlike aspect slipping into his eyes, the colour taking on that reflective sheen. He looked more dangerous than ever and I should have wanted to run but instead, as he leaned closer, his eyes narrowing, I felt my knees tremble slightly.

If the door behind me didn't exist I would have backed away but I wouldn't have gotten very far and even knowing that added oxygen to the flames.

"I spoke to Sirus." He told me, his voice low and husky.

I looked up with wide eyes. "You did what?"

"I told him kindly," He said. "That he had already lost."

I felt my face burn even harder. "Ker..."

"If you see another..." He said through gritted teeth. "Another cat that you like and want to have." He swallowed, his eyes narrowing to angry slits. "I will rip them apart." He swiped my bottom lip with his tongue. I shivered. "Just let me know who..."

I shook my head quickly, my heart fluttering anxiously. "No one, no one." I swallowed. "I don't feel like that about anyone anyway."

He closed his eyes intently, taking a deep breath, and for a moment I could hear a semblance of the former reason in his voice. "I need to keep away from you." He said, his voice so low it sounded more like a rumble. "This is why. I want to build walls around us, I can't trust anyone near you. It makes my skin itch to see you near someone else I can feel my claws extending." He exhaled. "The only place I feel that anxious possessiveness die down is with you tucked by my side and when I finally have you beside me and I can feel your little form trapped against the door I realise that it's not enough."