Chapter 2 - On Patrol

It's been 5 days since I became a hero and nothing has happened. If I'm gonna make it in this business, I need to defeat some monsters! I've familiarised myself with all the known monsters and criminals with more than a B class bounty on their head. Defeating one of them would get me some recognition.

Everything seems normal on the street for now, but soon enough I run into trouble. Some skinny long haired guy is trying to intimidate someone. I think he's another hero? Wait, no, he's the class C at the seminar. I can't let him get hurt, he's probably not any stronger than a normal person. "Hey! How about you leave him alone?!" They both look over at me. Now I recognise the other one too! He's a mercenary assassin with an A class bounty on his capture! Not only should I stop him now before things turn ugly for the hero, I can't let this opportunity escape. Speed of Sound Sonic, you will be the perfect kickstart to my hero career to show that I am worthy of class A!

"Speed of Sound Sonic! I am a professional hero, and you have an A class bounty on your head or capture. So, my first deed as a hero will be capturing you!" He sighs and disappears behind me. So fast! I'm barely able to stop his kick, which pushes me back.

He throws a ninja star at me. "Exploding shuriken!" Crap. If that hits, it'll be bad. I move out of the way and it explodes behind me. Luckily no one gets hurt. People start to run away. Sonic takes out his blade and thrusts it to me. No way! I grab his blade with my hands and twist it upwards, throwing him into the air. Ripping a pile out of the ground, I jump up to him and bat him back into the ground. There, he's on his knees.

"Ready to give up, Sonic?" I ask, while getting ready to finish it and take him to the hero association.

Sonic slowly stands up. "You've got speed and power, at least to some degree, but you'll never beat me." When he says this, he shoots of to the side of a building, then across the street to another. He darts around me and I can barely keep up. "So, how do like my speed? Can your eyes keep up? I can move faster than the speed of sound! Which means that you can't track me from my voice either!" This is bad. I can't see him anymore! I should try and get away to team up with another hero. Suddenly, he's in front of me. He avoids my kick and circles behind me. "Wind blade kick!" But right before his foot makes contact, he falls to the ground. Behind him, is the class C hero, standing there with his hand out.

"Why was he attacking you? Did you have an argument?" What? How did he beat Sonic? It looks like he's out cold. I guess this fight is over then.

"Did you realise that Sonic wasn't paying any attention to you and went in for a blow? Thanks. I could've been in trouble there." I crouch down to him. It looks like he's been hit in the shoulder or neck. "I guess you got lucky and hit him in a pressure point. Was he really that weak that such an attack would refer him unconscious? Anyway, you really helped me out. Let's split the credit for him 50/50. I'll say that I started fighting him and you jumped in when you saw I was in trouble. What's your name?" I now realise that I've been talking for a bit.

"It's Saitama." Looks like he wasn't listening.

"Well, good work there, Saitama. I'll talk to hero association staff. For now though, I'm going to look for monsters. See ya!" After putting Sonic over my shoulder, I jump on top of a building and jump across rooftops. When I'm far away, I call the hero association and explain what happened.

"I understand. Good work. We'll go over credit an going up ranks once the criminal is in jail. Take him to jail of X City, then we have an assignment for you."

"Yes sir. It'll be done in a couple minutes." I turn off the transceiver and make my way towards jail X. I'm there soon. After leaving Sonic with the guards and signing some papers to hunt him down if he escapes, I call them back. "It's done. What is my assignment?"

"There are many rumours on why city Z is a ghost town. We've decided to investigate it. Two class A heroes have already been sent out, but it's always good to have a little extra help, just for safety. You're assignment is to go over there and to assist them." That sounds simple. Today has turned out to be a great first day on the job.

"Understood. I'll head over there now." I get ready to leave.

"Hold on. What's your name? I've only talked to you over this, so I don't know who you are."

"It's Alpha. Alpha Tizusaki."

Name: Alpha Tizusaki
Age: 19
Height: 6' 2", 188cm
Rank: Was Class B Rank 102, now Class B Rank 93
Family: Parents - presumed dead, Ex-heroes
Power: Mid-Tiger
Personality: Optimistic, easy going but can easily get serious when needed. Has a positive outlook on life and doesn't give up, no matter the odds.

Name: Speed of Sound Sonic
Age: 25
Height: 5' 9", 174cm
Criminal rank: B Class
Family: Unknown
Power: Low-Demon
Personality: Sadistic, enjoys killing quickly and always looking to make money by being hired. A mercenary known for killing more people than he was paid for.