Chapter 25:The Bittersweet Ending for all but one

~ The Captain and the White Lady~
Eowyn looks out over the city, "The City has fallen silent. There is no warmth left in the sun." Faramir walks up behind her.

"It grows so cold." Eowyn added. Faramir approaches her.

"It's just the damp of the first spring rain." Faramir explained, "I do not believe this darkness will endure. I need to tell you something."
"What?" Eowyn looks at him. Faramir looks deep into her eyes and smiles.
"I kissed Rhiannon." Faramir breathed. Eowyn looked down at her feet.
"Do you love her?" Eowyn asked.
"Yes, I think I do." Faramir nodded, as Eowyn sighed. He holds her hand and she leans her head on his shoulder. They stand looking out over the city together.

~ In the Company of Orcs~

Frodo and Sam arrive on the plains of Gorgoroth. A horn sounds.

"Look! The Orcs, they're moving off!" Sam exclaimed. All the Orcs are marching away.

"You see Mr Frodo some luck at last!" Sam added.
"Move it, you slugs!" an Orc demanded. Frodo and Sam turn to see a band of Orcs heading towards them from behind.

"Come on! Faster!" another Orc demanded. Frodo and Sam have nowhere to hide. They move to the side of the road and sit down. Hoping that they will not be seen.

"Come along you scum!" The Orcs move closer, "I'll whip you down to the bone! Come on! What have I told you." They begin to pass by Frodo and Sam. One of the captains spots Frodo and Sam. "Get up!" He whips them. "Come on you slugs! You two are going straight to the front line! Move it, come on! Fall in! Move it! Move it! Move it!" He pushes Frodo and Sam in amongst the other Orcs.

"To the gate you slugs, now move it!" The Orcs and Frodo and Sam continue to march towards the Gate. "Don't you know we're at war?"

Aragorn is followed by the army advancing towards the Black Gate.

"Company halt! Inspection!" Orcs shouted.

"Sam! Help me!" Frodo shrieked as he starts to sink to the ground.
"Mr Frodo!" Sam cries as he tries to help him.One of the Orc generals sees them and comes towards them.

"Stand up Mr Frodo. Stand up!" Sam urged.
"It's so heavy!" Frodo whined.

The General continues to come closer to them. He looks straight at Sam, roars at him and pushes through the Orcs towards them.

"Oh no! What do I do?" Sam asks as he looks around. "What do I do?"
"Hit me! Hit me Sam! Start fighting!" Frodo demanded.
"Get off of me!" Sam says, pushing Frodo. "Nobody pushes me you filthy maggot!" They are fighting. Frodo punches Sam. "Get off of me!" The Orc captain comes over to them.

"Break it up! Break it up!" the orc demands.

"Oy! I'll have your guts if you don't shut this rabble down!" the General speaks to the Orc captain.The captain turns towards him.

"Go Sam. Now!" Frodo demanded as they sneak away amongst the confusion. They manage to hide.

The General is looking for them but cannot see them. "Move along scum!" the General shouted before tramping off.

"Get back in the line you maggots! Get back in the line you slugs! " the Captain demanded. Frodo and Sam escape over the rugged train.

~The Land of Shadow~
Frodo and Sam move over the rugged plains of Gorgoroth. They continue to walk all day long growing ever closer to the mountain. They begin to climb upwards amongst the rocks. Frodo falls down between them. He removes his helmet.

"I can't! I can't I can't manage the Ring Sam. It's it's such a weight to carry. It's such a weight." Frodo said, grasping for breath. Sam removes his helmet and looks back at him.

"We're going that way, straight as we can. There's no point carrying anything we're not sure to need." Sam declared pointing towards the mountain. They throw away all the Orc gear and camping gear. Sam is sitting shivering while Frodo sleeps. Sam looks up. "Mr.Frodo, look." There is a star peeping through the clouds. "There is light and beauty up there that no shadow can touch." Sam turns to look at Frodo, who still sits with his eyes closed, twitching. The Eye of Sauron is roving over the land; they sit in a cleft in the rocks unseen.

Aragorn and the army is closing up to the Black Gate, while Frodo desperately trys to get some water out of his water bottle. He is gasping and struggling. There is no water. He gives up. Sam comes over and offers his water bottle.

"Take mine." Sam offered giving Frodo the bottle, "There's a few drops left." Frodo drinks the last drops of water. There is a strange light in his eyes.

"There will be none left for the return journey. " Frodo explained.
"I don't think there will be a return journey Mr Frodo." Sam confessed. Frodo turns and looks at him. Sam grabs his hand and pulls him up.

Gondorian soldiers are arraying before the Black gate. Aragorn rides to the front of them with Gandalf and Legolas. Frodo and Sam are trudging along in Mordor. Frodo tries to ward off the Eye as he walks. Sam watches him. Frodo lifts his eyes and turns towards the Eye of Sauron. It is approaching them.

"Frodo, get down!" Sam demanded as he dives down onto the ground. Frodo continues to turn and look towards the eye. "Hide!" Frodo sees the Eye, turns away from it and collapses down to the ground.

"Frodo!" Sam shouts as Frodo lies on the ground, his eyes open, as the Eye of Sauron passes them by and moves on.