Chapter 13

The rest of the evening once we got back to the common room was spent filling Ron and Hermione in on the date, with Ron jealous that we got to see a Quidditch match and Hermione asking how Krum was doing. Fred and George pranced around singing "Harry and Tori sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G" and talking about the upcoming quidditch season.

I felt Harry beside me deep in thought. I gave him a nudge. "You ok?"

"I need to figure out how to get this egg to work, the challenge is tomorrow"

"Shall we go for a walk and talk about it?"

He looked at me gratefully. "Sure let's go."

As we walked around the grounds clutching the golden egg, we bumped into Cedric Diggory, who gave us some information that was supposed to be useful but just ended up sounding like a riddle. He told us that having a bath in the prefects bathroom might help and Harry and I just looked at each other, confused.

"How is a bath going to help?" I asked, irritated.

"I guess it's worth a try", he shrugged and we made our way up to the bathroom.

"Do you want to try and do it alone?" I asked, suddenly feeling self conscious about being in a bathroom with Harry.

"I-I don't know if I can do this alone."

"Ok. Let's do this then." I took off my jumper and Harry turned away from me, not wanting to make me feel embarrassed.

"Harry it's ok, I'm not gonna skinny dip" I laughed and he nervously giggled, while taking off his own jumper.

I sunk into the warm, bubbly water and Harry shyly came in after. We sat, apart from each other as we both felt awkward and stared at the egg.

"What now?" He asked.

"Why don't you try opening it?"

He opened it and it just let out another piercing scream. I shook my head. "Was Cedric winding us up or something?"

"Why don't you try putting it in the water?" We heard a high pitched voice call out. A ghost flew out of one of the cubicles and I gasped.

"Hello Myrtle" Harry said.

"Hello Harry, long time no see" she said, craning her neck to try and look underneath the bubbles, to which Harry instantly surrounded himself with more.

"And who's THIS" she said, frowning at me.

"I'm Victoria" I said and she came close to my face, examining me.

"No funny business better happening in here" she sneered at me before turning back to Harry.

"Myrtle, what do you mean, put it in the water?" He asked.

"That's what the other boy did" she said simply and dived into the bubbles.

Harry looked at me and submerged the egg into the water. He opened it and instead of it screaming, it simply sung. We both took deep breaths and went under the water to hear it better.

"We've taken what you'll sorely miss? I take it you're going to have to fine something in the lake?" I said, still puzzled.

"Do you think there's merpeople in the black lake?"

"Must be, finding out how to breathe underwater is a good place to start."

"Thanks Tori, I couldn't have worked this out without your help."

"Oh please I did nothing!"

"You're here, that's something."

"I guess you're right."

"And we're all alone...." he broke off.

"Where's Myrtle gone?"

"Must have gone back to her bathroom."

"So we really are alone then." I looked down at myself and saw I was wearing just my underwear. I hadn't thought anything of it before but now, looking at Harry also in just his underwear, I felt more self conscious than ever.

I felt Harry move closer to me and turned to see him just inches away from me.

"Do you have any idea how beautiful you are" he whispered, and he looked at me for permission before pressing his lips against mine. Feeling more confident and as the kiss deepened, I swung my leg over Harry so I was sitting on his lap, and he held his hands protectively around my waist.

Just as things felt like they were about to happen he pulled away, his face red.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I-I have some homework to do" he said, and hurriedly got out of the bath, offering me a hand to help me out and then turned so his back was to me as he handed me a robe. I took it from him and he walked out of the bathroom, leaving me alone and confused.

Was it something I did?

I didn't have time to contemplate why Harry rushed off so quickly, as McGonnagall saw me walking back to the common room and told me that Professor Dumbledore wanted to see me.

Hermione, Gabrielle Delacour and Cho Chang were all waiting for me, confused looks on their faces. "Why are you wearing a bath robe?" Hermione whispered to me. "Was helping Harry figure out his egg."

"Is that all?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Kind of, I'll tell you later."

Dumbledore then told us that we would be assisting with the next task for the champions, and had us drink some kind of potion that tasted disgusting.

Then it all went blank.