Chapter 14

I gasped for air as we reached the surface of the water. Cheers erupted all around us and I felt Harry's arm around my waist, holding me up and I clutched onto Gabrielle Delacour's hand as she looked like she was about to go under again.

"Get them towels, quickly"could be heard by Hermione and hands were offered to us, helping us out of the icy water. I took the first hand that was extended to me, and it wasn't until I made it up onto the wooden platform I saw who's hand it was.

"Thanks." I said, trying to avoid looking into his grey eyes.

He didn't say anything, instead he wrapped a towel around me, and rubbed my back, a worried expression on his face. It wasn't until he saw me looking that his face returned to its normal scowl and he said "make sure Potter gets you a hot chocolate or something, don't want you spreading a cold round the whole school." He walked away to rejoin the Slytherins, hitting a first year round the head as he did so. I stood there, confused and freezing, about why Malfoy had helped me, and why he looked so worried for my welfare.

I felt a hand on my back, I turned to see Harry and enveloped him in a hug. "You did it!" I said as I nestled my head in the crook of his neck.

"I thought you weren't coming I was so confused!"

"I was a little preoccupied in the lake to tell you!"

"Here you look freezing, take my towel too, I don't need it." Harry took his towel off and placed it around my shoulders, and held me close to him as Dumbledore announced that he would take second place for his bravery in saving Gabrielle as well as me. Harry beamed at this news and I planted a kiss on his cheek as he squeezed me closer to him.

"I think you need a hot drink", Harry said softly, and began to lead me up to the castle. I looked back to see Malfoy stood watching, his eyes not leaving me for a second and shooting daggers towards Harry.

"So they just sprung it on you?" Ron asked as we sat with cups of hot chocolate in the great hall. Harry, still worried about me shivering, had given me his grey hoodie to wear and I pulled it close to me, inhaling his familiar scent.

"Yes, we had no idea. I wish they would have told us, I had 3 pieces of homework to do last night!" Hermione explained, throwing up her hands in exasperation as she thought of the work she now had to catch up on.

"I'm just happy that it got me out of potions homework" I said, drinking my warm drink and smiling.

"Not that Snape would have said anything, you're the best student he's had in years" Ron said, shooting a look at Hermione, who rolled her eyes.

"Oh come off of it. He only likes me because I'm helping his precious Malfoy pass his exams"

"How's that going by the way?" Harry asked.

"Well considering that Malfoy hasn't turned up to the the last 3 sessions I'd say it's going as well as can be expected from him." This was true, Malfoy hadn't turned up to any of the lessons recently, ever since his outburst at the Yule Ball he'd been avoiding seeing me in private, I guess he thinks he can't control himself if we were alone, but I can and I'm happy with Harry, he's good for me.

"It's probably because you're with me"

"Maybe, but that just goes to show what kind of a person he is, he can't set aside his silly feud with you for 5 minutes to get his grades up, and it's him who will suffer when he can't play Quidditch this season."

"Exactly." Harry pulled me closer to him and I rested my head on his shoulder, exhausted.

"Not that anyone else stands a chance with the kids of James Potter and Benjamin Greenwood playing in the same team!" Me and Harry both smiled proudly at the mention of our fathers' names and he rested his hand on my knee as I nestled further into his shoulder. Even though I was exhausted and needed sleep, I couldn't be more content being next to Harry.

He nudged me. "Looks like you need sleep" he said, smiling softly at me.

"Mhmm" was all I could say.

"Come on, let's get you up to the dorms." He helped me to me feet and held his arm around me protectively as we walked up the ever changing staircases to the dorms. The common room was warm, and I gave Harry a sleepy smile before I went to take off his hoodie to give back to him.

"Keep it, looks better on you anyway" he said, smiling.

"Thankyou" I replied and gave him one last hug before pressing my lips to his gently and heading up the stone steps to collapse into bed, exhausted.

"Goodnight love" I heard him say quietly.