Chapter 33

I was standing in the doorway looking at the stony, bruised faces of Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny.

"I was getting my head looked at." I lied, thinking that they wouldn't believe me for a moment but then Hermione got up and swooped me into a tight hug.

"We thought they'd got you we've been worried sick Tori!"

"I'm fine, how did you guys get back?"

"Dumbledore." Ron, Hermione and Ginny said in unison. Harry didn't say anything, he was just staring into the fire. That's when I remembered what happened to Sirius and took a seat next to him, and grabbed his hand.

"We'll leave you guys to have a chat", Ron said, and the three of them headed upstairs leaving Harry and I alone with nothing but the sound of our breathing and the crackling fire filling the room.

"She killed him. Bellatrix." Harry said.

"I know, I saw."

"Why does everyone I love get taken away from me Tori?" He looked at me, his eyes brimming with tears and I held him close to me, his head resting on my chest as he sobbed.

"He was the only family I had left, and he's gone"

"Shhhh, I know. Trust me Harry I know."

"You're the only person that gets it. To have someone so close to you taken away so quickly."

"Hurts like a bitch."

"Everything's gone. I've lost everything."

I moved so he sat up and looked at him. "Stop that. Stop that right now Harry James Potter. Yeah this is shit, it's shitter than shit but you are not alone. You've got me, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Luna, you've got so many people behind you. The people that get taken from us never really leave, remember that."

Harry looked at me and wiped his eyes. "You know I saw him save you."

"Hmm?"

"Malfoy. I saw him cast that spell that got Bellatrix off of you. He risked his own life to save you, something I never thought Malfoy would ever do. He really loves you."

"Yeah, he really does." I gave Harry a small smile and he looked at my neck. "You've got a ummmm-" I placed a hand to my neck and felt the tender area where Draco had left a mark and grimaced. "Oops."

Harry let out a little laugh. "I guess he really does love you" and then he got close to me and whispered "just don't become a death eater" before laughing once more and leaving me on my own in the deserted common room.

~

The school year soon came to an end and the summer holidays was upon us. I said goodbye to Harry Ron and Hermione, saying I'd meet them on the train and met Draco outside the great hall. He was leaning against the wall waiting for me. "Hello love" he said as he saw me and grabbed my trunk from me, dragging it alongside his own.

"What's your plans for the summer then?" I asked, and saw his face flash with fear that he tried to cover up. I pretended not to notice.

"Boring stuff. I'll try and come and see you a couple of times, and I'll write of course."

"Brilliant. I'm going to really miss you, you know that Draco."

"And I'm going to miss you too Belle. My girl. Just about the only good thing in my life right now." I looked at him and saw his eyes full of sadness.

"Hey everything ok? You seem....sad"

"Just thinking about the things that will change next year" he avoided my eye, like he knew something that I didn't.

"Well one thing that won't change is my love for you", and I cupped his face and planted a deep kiss on his lips as we reached the station to board the train back to London.

I took my seat in the Gryffindor carriage and Ron got out a game of exploding snap. "Come on then Greenwood"

"Oh you're on Weasley."

The next couple of hours were filled with laughter and promises to write to each other in the holidays and before we knew it we were back in London. I grabbed Harry's arm as he stood up to get his back and said "you'll be alright won't you?" He gave me a small smile and said "yeah, after all, we've got something that Voldemort hasn't. Something to fight for." I smiled back at him and he left the carriage to meet his aunt and uncle who were waiting impatiently the other side of platform 9 3/4. I saw Draco get off the train but didn't see his father waiting for him, instead it was just his mother. I was confused for a moment before I saw my own mother waiting for me, waving at me through the window. She embraced me in a tearful hug exclaiming "mon chéri! I heard about everything! Thank goodness you're alright!"

"I'm alright mum" I said, and for the first time in a long time, I meant it.