Chapter 21

I swallowed nervously. "What about?"

Madison rolled her eyes. "Take a wild guess."

Before I could reply, Winter placed a hand on Madison's shoulder. "Easy, remember why you're here."

Madison closed her eyes, taking in a few deep breaths.

Gwen and I shared a suspicious look.

Then, Madison opened her eyes. "I wanted to... I wanted to apologize for the way I've treated you."

"Wow, lots of apologizing tonight." Gwen muttered.

I tried to ignore her. "Uh, Madison, it's ok, really."

Madison shook her head. "No, it's not. I let myself get so angry that I actually hit you. I'm truly sorry for that and I'm not asking for your forgiveness. I just wanted you to know how I felt about it."

"I-I don't know what to say, Madison... I mean, I'm sorry for what I did to, but I didn't expect this."

Madison looked down. "I accept your... apology."

The corner of my lips quirked up. "Me to." I replied, sticking my hand in her direction.

She looked at it, then to me, before shaking it. An actual smile lighting up her face.

Gwen cleared her throat. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

Madison let out a frustrated sigh. "Can't you see this is extremely painful for me?"

Gwen smirked. "A simple apology will do."

Madison closed her eyes again, taking in a few more deep breaths. "I'm sorry."

Gwen patted her shoulder. "Water under the bridge."

Madison flashed her a fake smile before turning her attention to Winter. "Now, can we go before I have an aneurysm?"

Gwen and I laughed a little as they left.

"I guess tonight is just full of surprises." I said.

Gwen suddenly turned to me. "Speaking of, would you mind coming with me?" She asked, holding her arm out.

I smiled, looping my arm through hers. "Sure thing."

She pressed a kiss to my lips before leading me out of the gym, down a couple hallways, then out the side exit.

I wrapped my arms around myself, a slight shiver running up my spine. "Uh, Gwen, I hate to break it to you, but it's freezing out here."

Gwen wrapped her arms around me as she led me to the back of the school, where she stepped up onto the ladder.

"Gwen, that thing's all icy." I said.

"C'mon, you'll be fine. Just don't look up my dress."

I laughed a little as I reluctantly climbed up the freezing ladder behind Gwen.

We safely made it to the top, only to see a few dozen candles lighting up the roof.

I shook my head in disbelief. "You really did all this for me?"

Gwen nodded, pressing a button on her phone, a slow ballad playing through its speakers shortly after.

She set her phone down on some ductwork before offering me her hand. "May I have this dance?"

My cheeks warmed up at the sight of her.

"Yes." I said, taking her hand in mine and letting her lead me in a slow waltz.

"Wow, I didn't know you could dance." I said.

She shrugged. "Juvie is a strange place."

We shared a laugh as she led me in a quick twirl, pulling me back into her arms afterwards.

I couldn't contain the smile forming on my lips. "This is amazing... You are amazing."

She kissed my cheek. "I learned from the best."

Then, she led me into another twirl.

"I love you so much, Gwen."

She smiled, resting her forehead against mine. "I love you to, Bri."

After the dance, Gwen wrapped a thick blanket around us, leading me over to the edge of the roof, were we sat on a stretch of ductwork.

"Wow..." I said, looking from our small town, lit up with a million Christmas lights, up to the shining stars above, light snowflakes falling around us.

"It is quite the view." Gwen said, huddling closer to me.

I turned my head, catching her eyes. "That it is."

She smiled before leaning in for a long, deep kiss.

Then, I felt the warmth of her bare thigh under my hand.

Her breath caught as I ran it under her dress.

She pulled away. "Miss Cole, you're awfully feisty tonight."

I giggled. "Well, it's hard to control myself when you're around."

She smirked before pressing another kiss to my lips, letting her hand slide down my chest, stopping at the hem of my skirt.

I exhaled heavily through my nose as she ran her hand under my skirt.

Then, she suddenly stood, pulling me up with her.

I watched with excitement as she laid the blanket out before sinking down to her knees, pressing feather light kisses to my bare thighs.

A moan escaped my lips as I sunk down to meet her, pressing my lips to her neck.

She tangled her hands in my hair as I pulled her dress up around her waist, pulling her into my lap afterwards.

Her head lulled back as I slid one of her dress straps down, kissing the newly exposed skin.

   My eyes fluttered closed when she started kissing my temple, then around my ear.

   She breathed out hard against my skin as my hand traveled down her stomach, slowly making its way lower...

After spending a little more time fooling around, we laid back on the blanket, wrapping half of it over us.

We stared up at the stars, the faint sound of music filling our ears.

"I couldn't have asked for a better end to the night." I said.

She turned her head to face me. "Me neither... Tonight was beyond perfect."

I kissed her. "'My thoughts exactly."

We returned our attention to the stars as silence filled the night air.

Then, she spoke. "So, what do we do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Madison's not out to get us anymore, Jo's starting to come around. We don't really have anything to hide from anymore."

I smiled as I faced her. "We'll just have to actually attend school then. You know, projects, homework."

She groaned. "Do we really have to?"

I chuckled. "Yes, we really have to. But, don't worry, I'll be by your side the whole time."

She finally faced me. "Well, I'd be fucked if you weren't."

"Trust me, I know."

We started to laugh, the stars sitting high above us, snowflakes falling all around us... The perfect end to the perfect night...

   Ah, the bad girl. The girl who does whatever she wants and doesn't give a shit what anybody thinks... Except for me of course, because that bad girl was all mine. Opposites attract, as the saying goes, and I'd have to agree. We were madly in love with each other and I don't think anything would ever change that...

The End