Deep conversations

Katlyn's POV

When we were on the way home I got a call from the boss 'Katlyn I need you to come see me. Now!' I sighed and looked over at Jade who had passed out in the passenger seat.

As we pulled up to the building bosses office was in I woke jade up and flicked my head toward the building.

'oh shit this isn't good' she said quietly before getting out of the car and following me upstairs.

When we got there I knocked on the door 'Come in' boss said. I couldn't tell what tone he was using but either way he didn't seem very happy.

We walked in and he told jade to go sit at his desk. He walked up to me and said 'as you can see my daughter has definitely indulged herself. Take her to her room and make sure no one disturbs her.'

I nodded my head and lifted Jade up and helped her to the car.

When we got home she went for a shower and did her routine even though I'm pretty sure she skipped a lot of it.

After that I walked up to the bathroom door and I could tell she was struggling to stand so I picked her up and carried her to her bed.

I placed her down on the bed and slowly started to walk out. As I got to the door I heard her say quietly 'no, don't leave'

I turned around to see her sitting up with her dress on the floor. She had the blanket up covering her chest (barley).

'Stay with me'. She said looking me up and down and tapping the bed for me to sit down. I looked up to her eyes and I could tell she didn't want me to go. So I went and sat down on the bed.

I sat there for an hour while she talked to me about how much she misses her mum. She hasn't seen her in years because her dad got up and left her leaving her with almost nothing.

She told me about how she wanted to get back in contact with her but couldn't cause her dad would find out faster than a bullet hitting its victim.

Not long after she started to tear up talking about what she would give to have a normal life again.

I couldn't just sit there any longer so I moved up to her and held her in my arms. Within minutes she had fallen asleep on my chest.

I moved to the floor and just sat there for a minute incase she woke up. The only issue was I didn't realise how tired I was and I fell asleep on the floor beside her.