The man

Katlyn's POV

Trigger warning

I woke up to see Jade beside me still asleep. There was a small amount of light peeking though the curtains helping me see all of Jade's features.

I got out of bed and went for a shower. When I had gotten out I saw had sitting on the couch with the TV on 'Good morning' she smiled at me. 'Morning' I replied before walking to the kitchen.

As I opened the cupboard, I heard a knock at the door. I quickly put my mask on and walked over to the door. I looked back at Jade and put my finger to my lips to tell her to stay quiet. She got up and went into her room.

I slowly opened the door and was smiled at by a big bushy bearded man. He smirked at me 'hey kid. Kept your mouth shut like we told you to?'

I heart started beating out of my chest. I was struggling to breathe. He stood at the door for a few more seconds before walking into the house. I stepped out of his way stepping back against the wall.

He stepped to me and put his hand up beside my head. He looked me up and down and smirked. 'You got hot compared the last time I saw you'.

I swallowed the knot in my neck. I knew exactly what he was talking about. The night my father died. It was the same man that pulled a knife to my throat and sat me across from my father.

He laughed at me knowing I was think about it. I pushed him back and shook my head. He reached behind his back and pulled something out of his pants.

I knew what he had. I slowly walked back to the kitchen counter. He stepped up closer to me and pulled a gun then placed it to my hip. I froze up. If I moved he pull the trigger. If I said anything it would have the same out come.

I stood there in absolute silence for at least a minute before he laughed. He kept the gun to my side and un did his pants. I was not going through this again.

I shoved him back but as he was falling to the floor.. there was a gun shot. A huge amount of pain was shooting through my side.

I fell to the floor and saw blood pouring out of my side. Jade had run into the room with a knife and knocked the gun away from the guy. She sat on top of him and pushed the knife to his throat.

That was the last thing I remember seeing.

I eventually woke up and I was laying on the couch in bosses office. I looked around and saw Jade talking to her father and the same guy that shot me tied to the chair across from them.

'You're awake!' Jade yelled while hitting her father in the arm and running over to me. I tried to sit up but felt a bolt of pain down to my side. Jade quickly pushed me back down to the couch 'don't move, Please'.

She looked at me with tears forming in her eyes. I looked back up at her and pulled her into a hug. I could tell she was holding back though. She didn't want to hurt me.

I looked over to her dad then to the man. He wasn't wearing a shirt so I could see all the bruises and cuts. They must have been fucking around with him.