Big news

Jade's POV

I had been sitting on the couch for a few hours waiting for Katlyn to get home. I put a movie on about an hour ago to pass the time and just as it got to the good part my father called.

"Hey Jade baby. Look Katlyn's coming home and I can't imagine she will tell you much so if she doesn't call me and I will explain" He said in one breath.

"Wait what, what do you mean?" I asked. I was worried, what happened why would she not talk to me? 

"Don't worry to much she will be home in a few seconds so don't push her okay?" He pleaded. "Okay Father" I said while hanging up.

Just like Father said, Katlyn pulled into the drive way. I stayed seated on the couch because I didn't want to push her.

She stepped through the door and placed her keys on the bench. She walked over to me and sat down laying her head in my shoulder.

I waited for her to tell me because I didn't want her to feel like she was being forced into it. We sat there for 10 minutes before she quietly said "I killed Alex"

I looked down at her and saw a tear rolling down her cheek. I quickly moved my thumb to wipe the tear away.

"This morning, he took me out of town to a 'diner'." She started, using air quotes on the word diner.

"When we got there, there were two other guys sitting at a table. They got up shook hands and Alex convinced me to go out back and help him. As i stepped through the door they drugged me." She paused and took a breath.

"I woke up tied to a chair and they started questioning me about your fathers supply. When I said I didn't know anything they pulled a knife. Thankfully I had my trusty blade with me" we both giggled a little.

"And I managed to cut the rope. When the knife for closer I knocked it out of the guys hands and eventually got a hold of a gun one of them pulled. I shot the two guys in the leg then forced Alex to my trunk. I shot him in the leg then drove to your Father...That's where I shot him again". She finished with tears pooling.

I knew Alex was a dick. He should have died a long time ago.

"Baby come here. I know you feel bad but he had it coming. He Should have gotten to know you then he wouldn't have made a stupid decision. He would have known not to fuck with you then." I smiled. She laughed a bit at the end of my sentence.

"Can we do a Harry Potter marathon pleaseeeee baby" she begged. I giggled "of course baby".

I turned around and trapped the remote to put the first movie on. Just as I found the movie my Father called me again. "Yes Father?" I asked.

"Did she tell you?" "Yes Father she did and we are about to watch Harry Potter so I've got to go" I started to pull my phone from my ear when I heard "wait!" From the other line.

I pulled the phone back to my ear "when you're done watching whatever and Katlyn had calmed down can you please come back to my office" he said.

"Father, I don't think it's such a great idea for Katlyn to go back today. You come to us when you are free" and with that I ended the call and pressed play.

(...)

We were up to the third movie already when we heard a knock at the door. I got up and walked to the door. When I opened it Father was standing there with a faint smile.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

I stepped back from the door to let him in. He took a seat on the coffee table in front of the couch. I sat back down next to Katlyn and we all looked at each other for a minute.

Father cleared his throat and began talking "girls... I want you's to move." He said getting straight to the point

Katlyn looked up from her lap to Father with a confused face. "I want you's to move as far away as possible from here. I will give you's money whenever you need it and I can get you's both jobs" he stopped and looked towards me.

"But Father, what about you we can just leave." I questioned confused.

He sighed "you's are in to much danger here I can't risk losing either of you." 

"Boss, with all do respect . I have a job and I don't need to move to be safe." Katlyn stated

"Katlyn. I can get you a better job where you aren't at risk every single day. You will still be taking care of my daughter the same you were are now, but it will be so so much safer. Please I can not lose you two". He begged.

Katlyn looked at me as if she was asking for an answer. I didn't care where I was I just wanted to be with her. Maybe moving wasn't such a bad idea, we could get job and maybe even start a family.

"I'm okay with whatever baby" I said softly. There was a long pause before Katlyn spoke again.

"Okay" she whispered looking up between Father and I.

Father smiled "good, I will send some guys to help you start packing. You two figure out where you want to live and what jobs you want and get back to me by tomorrow." He stood up and walked to the front door while finishing his sentence.

"Bye girls" he smiled before opening the door and leaving.

"So baby, where do you want to live?" I smiled.

"That's all up to you baby, but I do want to be an engineer" she looked worried when she said the last part.

"Sounds like a great idea to me" I smiled before leaning over to kiss her.

"What about you baby. What do you want to be?" She asked.

I thought for a second, I've always wanted to be a nurse but I never got to study for it because Father said it was unsafe.

"Would you care if I went back to Uni to be a nurse?"  I asked worried she would hate the idea.

"I would love nothing more, Other then You of course" she smiled and leaned back into me.

"How does Sydney sound?" I asked.

"Perfect"