Ch.5

Luz sat her friends down as she explained the rules of the game, there were two options, the first being "Truth" where you would have to answer a question or reveal a secret. The second being "Dare" where you would be given a challenge you had to complete. Luz explained that you could back out if you couldn't complete the dare, but it wasn't really allowed. And with that the game began.

Luz scanned the room, and laid her eyes on Willow. She smiled mischievously. "Willow, Truth or Dare?" she asked excitedly.

Willow smiled. "Dare," she responded.

Luz thought for a moment then said. "I dare you to.... do a weird plant spell or something!" Luz said enthusiastically. "That came out worse than I expected."

Willow just laughed and cast her spell. "Like that?" She asked.

Luz grinned and nodded her head. "Now you choose who to ask?"

Willow looked between her friends and smirked. The game carried on for over an hour, the dares varying from magic to stupid acts, like cutting a bit of your hair. The friends had a good laugh watching each other carrying out their requests. Amity was awful at giving dares, but no one minded, they did all of them regardless. Luz was so eager to see her friends do magic, so most of her dares were spell related. Amity never tired of seeing her eyes light up with excitement. She watched as she struggled to do Gus's dare. 

"Ha!" she exclaimed, once she finally got it. She looked around the room, thinking of who to ask. Her eyes settled on Amity. "Amity! Truth or Dare."

"Truth," Amity said, playing it safe.

Luz frowned. "Come on Am! You never choose Dare!"

Amity looked at Luz. She didn't want to spoil the fun, or disappoint Luz. She put on a fake smile.

"Fine, Dare!" she said.

Luz grinned. "Finally!" she laughed. She raised an eyebrow and smirked. "I dare you, to cast a fire spell!"

Amity realized she shouldn't have said Dare. "Fire spell?" she asked, trying to play it off.

Luz nodded. "Mhmm, like the one you cast at the Knee!"

Amity's eyes went wide. "I can't."

Luz shrugged and grinned. "Of course you can, I've seen you! Your'e amazing!"

Amity shook her head. "No Luz, I really can't."

"Don't be shy Amity!"

Amity felt all the pressure come down on her at once. As if everything she had been carrying, the stress and the pressure gave way, and caved in on her. Her eyes filled with tears. 

"I CAN'T!" she yelled.

She curled into a ball and put her hands on her head. Warm tears ran down her face. She felt like a total failure. She never should have come here. Luz looked at Amity, her face full of worry.

"Amity? What do you mean you can't?" she said moving slowly towards her.

Amity let out a muffled cry. She looked up at Luz.

"I.... I can't Luz...." her stomach felt empty. Her head was spinning. She mustered up her courage and said: "I... I don't have magic..." Her face was wet with tears.

Her words hit Luz like a truck. "W-what?" she asked. She tried to make sense of what she had just been told, but she couldn't. "When did.. when did you..."

Amity tried to dry her eyes to no avail. She took a shaky breath. "At-at Grom... he took... my... my powers." 

Luz put her arms around Amity. "You should have told me."

"Told her...." 

Amity put her hands on her head. Her eyes went wide, she began to shake vigorously. Luz tried to steady her. 

"Amity?" she asked worriedly. 

"Weakling........."

Amity began to sweat. The voice kept calling to her, making her weaker... and weaker.

"Gus go get Eda... now!" Luz yelled. "It's gonna be okay," she whispered to Amity, her eyes were rimmed with tears. She sat there holding her, trying to help Amity as best she could.

"Weaker...."

Amity felt herself grow weaker and weaker, as if her strength was being sucked out of her, slowly.

"Amity...please. I'm here! It's me Luz!"

"Weaker..."

Amity felt her eyes and body get heavy.

"Amity!" Luz yelled, trying to keep her awake.

"Weak...."

Amity collapsed in Luz's arms, shivering from head to toe, completely limp.

Suddenly the door swung open, two figures walked in.

"What is it kid?" asked Eda barging into the room. "What's happened?"

Luz looked down at Amity, crying silently.

"Help..."

===========================================================