Ch.4

The studying was much more dull then they pictured, Luz tried to lighten the mood with jokes and insights, often to the annoyance of Amity, although it didn't show. They soon gave up on doing work and tried to decide on something else they could do pass time. Luz, who had only seen smart phones nagged Amity into showing her how her device worked. They ended up lying there for hours scrolling through Amity's penstagram and laughing at random posts. The sun had already sunk, and the moon risen, when they decided to have something to eat. They sat together in Luz's room telling jokes and sharing stories. Luz had been showing them her illustrations and artworks when she looked across at Amity. She had never seen her so happy before. Her golden eyes shone in the dim light of the room, her green hair reflected the light, and she was smiling from ear to ear, she looked... beautiful.

"Amity?" Luz said awkwardly. 

Amity looked up from her Good Witch Azura book into Luz's big brown eyes. She was slowly turning red. Her face seemed to say: "Go on."

"Can... can I draw you? In my sketchbook?" Luz asked, stuttering.

Amity's cheeks flushed. "O... of course!" she said shocked.

Luz smiled, picked up her pencil and began to draw. Amity watched her, each stroke and each detail. She looked at Luz, her face full of concentration and of course pencil smudges. 

"Even when she's messy she's cute..." Amity thought to herself, her eyes fixed on Luz and her drawing.

 Willow sat beside Amity, she saw how she looked at Luz, and she understood how Amity felt, she knew what her friend had been through and what she would be willing to go through for Luz. Amity never let on, but she needed a helping hand, and so Willow was always there for her. Time passed as they sat together in the dark watching Luz at work. Gus had fallen asleep a while ago and wasn't likely to be up before the morning came. Amity had begun to drift to sleep when...

"DONE!" Luz exclaimed with pride.

Amity moved closer to look at it, her eyes heavy. Luz was very satisfied with her creation and held it for Amity to see.

"What do you think Am!?" she asked excitedly. No response. "Am?"

Luz looked over to see Amity asleep on her shoulder. Luz blushed and looked at her. She looked so peaceful, and calm. Luz pulled her blanket towards her, and awkwardly put it over the both of them. Her eyes fluttered as she failed to stay awake, her eyes shut and she lay her head on Amity's, the two of them both fast asleep, as they waited for the sun to rise.

============================================================

Amity's eyes opened to see Luz lying next to her, she was drooling slightly, but Amity didn't mind. Her hair was wild, and she had taken most of the blanket. Amity smiled and tucked her in. She lay there beside her in awe, until Luz finally woke up.

Luz smiled when she saw Amity. "Good morning!"

Willow mumbled from where she lay. "It's too early..."

Luz laughed and looked at Gus who was just beginning to stir awake. Willow sat up and rubbed her eyes before putting on her spectacles. Luz looked between her friends, her face lit up. She had that look on her face that they had come to know well. She smirked and raised her eyebrows.

"How about I teach you guys a game from the human realm!" she said slyly.

=======================================================

Hi guys! I just wanted to say that I hope you enjoy my fanfiction, it's only the second one I've done and I've been spending all my spare time on it.

I will hopefully be posting a chapter or two a day if I'm lucky. Thank you for all the attention on my previous fanfic, Lumity: Love and Death! 

If you enjoy this fanfiction my friend will be posting one soon!

Thank you!