NINE

I will be everything to you. I will protect and shield you. You will be my adored one, my own special love, my sweet, my pet, my beauty, and my heart's delight. You are my love and I will breathe your soul to become one with mine.

Sisi moaned and smiled in her sleep, dreaming the sweetest dream. She and prince Damola in the garden together, bathing in the glow of romantic moonlight, confessing their feelings to each other.

How nice would it be if only this dream would become a reality?

Her eyes lifted, still hungover from the dream world she left behind when she heard Tomi's obnoxious voice.

''Must be a nice dream!'' Tomi stood by the side of the bed with her arms tucked under her armpits.

''Oh, Tomi, you woke early this morning.'' Sisi groaned, turning over to the other side.

''Nope, not early. You overslept.'' Tomi said as she yanked the sheets from her body, exposing her to the cool air in the morning.

''Really? What time is it?'' Sisi asked.

'' It's past 8, Jonah. When we asked you to buy a phone to be setting alarm, you claim to be broke.''

''Aww, thanks dear for having my back and how many times will I tell you that I'm not the one collecting my salary? I need to get to the Prince's quarters ASAP. It will soon be time for his breakfast.'' Sisi said.

''Whatever, so be fast in dressing up. I will wait for you.'' Tomi said and jumped on Sisi's bed pressing her phone as she waited for Sisi who had run to the bathroom.

'' You will gist me about the dream that got you smiling later o. It mist be so interesting that you the early riser could wake up so late.'' Tomi yelled so Sisi could hear her in the bathroom.

******

It was an exhausting afternoon after doing her chores. It was unusually calm in the garden. The sun was up and Sisi sat at her favourite spot enjoying the rareness of the tranquility in the garden when she felt a tingling sensation on the back of her neck.

Her first instinct was to scream, because a garden should definitely harbour all kinds of insects, especially spiders.

She was instantly horrified, shivering at the thought of a spider crawling on her neck. She slapped her neck over and over until she heard a groan that made her snap her head back.

''Ouch!''

Her eyes widened seeing the man looming over her head, staring down at her. As big as he was, she didn't notice when he crept behind her. He leaned casually, blocking the sun from hitting her face.

''Prince Damola!'' she stammered, yanking herself up to her feet. '' I didn't mean to slap your hand like that.''

He smiled, flashing her his big hand.

''It didn't hurt at all actually.''

''You shouldn't touch a girl like that.'' Sisi can't help but comment.

''...and you shouldn't be slapping a Prince's hand like that'' he retorted. '' In some culture, that very act is punishable by death.''

Sisi swallowed and inclined her head to a bow ''I thought you were a spider''

''Oh, Sisi, a spider wouldn't hurt you unless you threaten them. Why risk its fury by slapping it senseless?''

'' Why crawl on me?'' Sisi retorted.

He smiled and came around taking the empty space besides Sisi.

Prince Damola glittered with sweat underneath the sun. He sat there, silent and solemn for a few seconds, admiring the blooming flowers around them. But as beautiful as the flowers surrounding them, Sisi's attention was with him, watching him in silence, admiring the natural curve of his muscle, the tone of his skin, memorizing every detail of him.

''Beautiful, isn't it?''

Sisi stiffened, stammering for something to say.

''The garden.'' He continued, and Sisi breathed, relieved at having dodged confessing her admiration for him.

He suddenly laughed out and Sisi realized the prince baited her which made her cheeks to grow hot.

''You look cute when you blush'' He said and Sisi's cheek turn red.

''By the way, I have been planning to ask you, what are you doing here?'' Damola asked.

''I'm resting my prince, it was a stressful day'' Sisi answered.

''I don't mean that. What are you doing in the palace? Your English is fluent so I guess you are not illiterate. You should be furthering your studies. Besides, the work you do here doesn't fit your beauty'' Damola added.

Sisi looked sad as she remembered how her mother forced her into the palace

'' Well,circumstances happened and it is a long story prince Damola '' She said.

'' Make it short, I'm truly interested and I want to know how I can help. I won't be happy if I can't be of help because I can see a bright future ahead of you''

''Thank you for believing in me'' Sisi said and shared her story with prince Damola.

Just as Sisi was telling her story, a particular maid was lurking behind watching them sitting comfortably and chit chatting. This gave her more reasons to detest Sisi and she at that moment devised a means of expelling Sisi from the palace.

****

My people, I'm back again. I'm sorry for my absence. Please continue to shower me with love by voting and commenting. Love you all