Chapter 4.

Trigger warning...

Noah•

I pulled up to our house. It was the dead of the night and I was stuck at school going through assignments and lost track of time. The streets are quiet and I let out a shaky breath seeing that the lights are on. I took my glasses off and rub my eyes. I am tired and I'd be lucky if I fall asleep peaceful tonight. I leave my glasses in my car to avoid them braking. I can't keep buying new ones.

I bit my bottom lip as I opened the door. The house is quiet. Too quiet. I notice shoes. Black heels and my boyfriend Tyler's shoes at the doorway. I take mine off. I walked to the living room and find no one. All I see are empty packets of take out and two empty glasses of wine. I know what is happening by now but a small part of me hopes it's not what I think and this is all just a misunderstanding.

I walked up the stairs and find the bedroom door slightly ajar. I could hear a woman's voice. It's familiar and Tyler's voice. They laugh, my heart breaks for the millionth time just like the last three years. I peeked my head through the small space and my eyes widen. The woman was busy sucking off Tyler and he had his hand in her hair moaning. I bit my bottom lip and feel a painful lump on my throat. I blink rapidly and tears fall from my eyes. Tyler looked up and our eyes lock. He smirks at me while moaning as the woman continued blowing him.

This is not the first time I've walked into him doing things with someone else, but each time hurts worse than the last. And what makes it worse is that this year he's been doing it with this one woman constantly and occasionally brings her home not caring if I found him or not.

I turned and run to the bathroom. Crying. I hate myself. I hate myself for staying all these years. I hate myself for letting him do this to me. I hate myself for letting him come between me and my friends and driving them all away making sure I had no one to turn to. I hate myself for loving him. I hate myself for not listening to my dad. I hate myself for growing apart from my sister who continuosly warned me about Tyler. I loved him. I loved him so much. I hoped that one day he'd finally notice and love me back or treat me a bit better. I hate myself for hoping that.

I'm too scared to go back home and be the disappointment my father already thinks I am. I'm scared to call anyone and have them laugh at me for what I'm going through cause they told me and I didn't listen. I can't trust anyone. I can't be loved by anyone so I stay. I stay. Just like Tyler says no one would want me, I'm weird and broken. So I stay.

I could hear them. Having sex shamelessly knowing that I'm literally in the next room. I hate it. I walked out of the bathroom and head downstairs. I've had enough. I go out the door and sit in my car. After what seems like forever the front door opens. I see her kiss him. He smiles and grabs her ass. She leaves. I just stare too tired to even cry. He looked at me. He takes steps to my direction. I freeze. He gets closer and I shift uncomfortably. I looked down and fiddle with my fingers. There's a tap on the window. I roll down the window but don't look at him.

"Come in the house now." He commands I obey almost immediately. I know what happens if I take too long or protest.

I followed behind him all I could see was his back. He smells like her. I feel disgusted but I try not to show it. My stomach hurts and I just want to puke, but I don't. We walk in the living room and I stand there. He's angry I don't know what I did wrong but I will soon find out.

"The house is filthy, why haven't you cleaned up. Look at this." He points at the empty containers of take out they had. "The least you can do is show gratitude I'm putting up with you lazy ass."  He spits bitterly. I stay quiet. It seems that this makes him more up set. He picks up a wine glass and throws it on the floor next to me making it shutter in pieces. I flinch. "Answer me you useless piece of shit!" He yells angrily.

"I...I" I start to say but my face meets his open palm with such force making me fall and land on the broken glass causing it to indent small cuts on my arms. He stops over to me kicking me in my stomach three times I could feel blood in my mouth. He gets down to my level and grabs a fist full of my hair making me look at him. "clean this up." He slams my face on the floor and I hit my nose. "Pathetic." He says with venom in his voice. I hear footsteps and the front door open and close.

I get up slowly holding my stomach and stumbled to the downstairs bathroom I aid my nose luckily it's not broken but it hurts. I clean my cuts.

It looks like I'm gonna call in sick again.

I head to the living room and clean the broken glass and everything else. It takes forever as I am moving in a slow pace. Everything hurts and I have the worst migraine. When I finally finish I take a shower. The water and soap touching my cuts causing them sting. After I'm done I go down stairs and sleep on the couch.

I am woken up by the sound of things falling. Tyler stumbles struggling to go up stairs. I get up and go help him. I put him on his bed, used to be our bed, and take off his shoes and jacket. He grabs my arm and looks at me through his long black hair that have fallen on his face. He's eyes are a bit bloodshot.

"I'm sorry." He says and I could smell the alcohol in his breath.

He gets in bed not letting of my arm. I kneel next to his bed. He passed out and loosens his grip on my arm. I fill my tears come again. I pull my arm away and go back to the couch. If he finds me here in the morning...