Chapter 9.

• Julian •

I looked down at the paper in front of me then to out to the hall filled with students with their heads down writing away. I bit my lower lip and sighed. I looked down at the paper and shook my head cursing silently. I was officially fucked. I ran my hand through my hair pulling it closing my eyes trying to recall literally anything but to no avail.

"You should at least go through your notes. Exams are be here any minute." I recalled the words of Noah when he kept accusing me of being lazy and not studying. I had managed to put it off until the last week and to no one's suprise that was not nearly enough for the half semester exams.

I'm so fucking dead.

"You have fifteen minutes remaining. Make sure you have answered all the questions and wrote your name and students number property." The supervisor informed us looking back down to the news paper he was reading.

I looked through my paper and I frowned. Not only had not answered most of the questions but also couldn't figure out how to guess a remotely sensible answer.

I felt my heart fall. I bit my lower lip hard. I massaged my temples hoping my stupid brain would come up with something anything. But nothing.

"Five minutes. Check your names." The supervisor called.

Shit!

I scribbled hurriedly not sure my handwriting was even legible but I did it anyway.

"Time's up. Pens down."

What? I barely blinked!

I reluctantly closed the damn paper and glared at it. I was not going to hear the last of this from Noah.

I walked in the hallway along with the crowd of people talking about the tests. I heard someone say it was easy and I just snorted shaking my head. I felt my phone go off in my sweatpants and I ruffled in my pocket looking at the caller ID for a second before picking the call.

"Hey, Julian." Lia said on the other line.

"Hi."

"So we are going to hung out at my place after exams are you done with yours?"

"Yeah just did the last one. You?"

"Me too, everyone is one their way."

"Okay, I'm coming."

I hung up after saying our goodbyes. I looked around the halls and speed walked out of campus praying that I don't run into Noah. He'd definitely ask about my exams and I was not ready to hear him lecturer me and rub it in my face on how much he told me so.

_

I got outside Lia's apartment and it was oddly quite. In all honesty we were a loud bunch and even when we weren't talking we'd listen to music loudly. I knocked the door assuming I was just the first one to arrive. Lia opened the door with a smile on her face when her eyes meet mine. She pulled me into a hug and I could smell her sweet perfume. She ushered me in and I took a sit at the corner of her couch nervously. I had never been alone with Lia, only for like a minute despite all the time we had spent together. So right now I'm noticing things.