Qiqi's Misadventures

"A silk flower, yes." Another request had been given to the physically-challenged girl that was manning the front desk. 

Bubu Pharmacy would be one of the many shops engraved into the heart of Liyue Harbor. It sold precious medicine, recipes for certain artisans and craftsmen, even a little bit of meat laying around if someone snooped deeper than the wide array of local specialties dominating the centerpiece. 

The little apprentice worriedly peered at her fingers as if they'd give her the answers. She forgot what the customer asked of her. Did the woman require a Qingxin flower? Those were difficult to obtain during the course of this week. Abyssal mages were becoming more rampant as the ages continued to proliferate. 

For someone like Qiqi, she didn't worry about life and death. She was given the blessing of being unbreakable. Rather, it was her memory that impaled her good qualities. There was one minor incident that almost caused the business to funnel 70% of its revenue stock to a swindler. The man had fled as far as Tianqiu Valley, affiliated with treasure hoarders. 

If Baizhu had not chased after the scammer with Qiqi's help,  they wouldn't have covered the face value of their expenses. Changsheng was this close to injecting venom into Qiqi's shoulders at her narrowly thrilling blunder.

All because Qiqi believed she would get free milk from the man. She was a kid nonetheless with a bad memory. How could anyone not take advantage of that? 

"Excuse me? I said I wanted a silk flower." 

Qiqi's head arose from behind the desk, only her purple beret was visible in the customer's eyes. The little girl opened up her notebook, seeing the elegant penmanship scrawled into the pages telling her what she should do. 

"H-ho..." She heaved a breath, calming herself. She wasn't emotional but she did make it a point to always end the day successfully. This was one of the times she disliked forgetting things.

Greet the customer. Inquire for their order. Kindly give the product once the transaction is met equally. Repeat. 

"Hello?! Are you open or not?"

"Yes, we are. Violet Grass is what you want?" 

The woman's eyebrows depicted frustration. "Where is the head of this business? Why is an inexperienced child servicing customers?" 

Qiqi's expression lingered, she arranged the piece of paper perched on her forehead. "A-ah..."

She'd focus later on training her brain. That is if she remembers.

There was something wrong with her today. She didn't have trouble with customers usually. This would be one of many mistakes. 

Baizhu entered the scene, tapping the woman's shoulder cordially, "May I help you?"

The woman scowled, "Ugh! You may! Your workers need to be tended to! Aren't there supposed to be age restrictions in labor?"

"Whatever might be the problem you have with my precious apprentice?" 

"So you're the boss around here? I'm already having a bad day and your business can't even get my order right!" 

Baizhu only smiled, "I offer my sincerest apologies. We're not undistinguished in serving our customers to the best of our ability. Qiqi's... a special person." He muttered the last part. "Please, this way. I have a few good words to preach to you so the rest of your day runs smoothly. We have skin products as well if you'd like."

Qiqi fiddled with her thumbs at her carelessness. If only she could remember things clearly without the aid of her notebook. 

"With the assassination of Rex Lapis, my day can never be the same again." The woman cried out.