Chapter One

"Hello Josie, nice to see you." Mr. Cameron said with a smile as Josie met with him in the foyer on her way up to see Rafe. Ward Cameron was always glad to see that his son is with someone who will bring out the best in him.

"Nice to see you too Mr. Cameron, how's everything?" Josie asked, starting to walk up the long set of stairs.

"Good, good. How's everything with you?" Ward asked her, looking through envelopes of what she assumed was mail.

"It's going good, is Rafe in his room?" Josie asked, reaching the top of the stairs.

"That's good, yeah, he's in been in there all day." He said with a small smile. Josie walked to the last door on the right, and turned the knob.

"Knock, knock." Josie spoke walking into Rafe's bedroom. Rafe sat there on his bed, his face buried into his computer. He had on his glasses, and a light blue hoodie. Josie admired how cute he looked, before she walked over and jumped on his bed.

"Hi." He said with a smile, pressing his lips against hers.

"What are you doing?" Josie asked, leaning her head against his shoulder, and looking down at his computer screen. 

"I am looking at a new boat, which one do you like?" He asked, tilting his computer screen towards her.

"I like the light blue one." Josie said, admiring the boat.

"That's the one I liked. It matches your eyes." He said turning his gaze toward Josie. She smiled, and pressed their lips together. Rafe pushed his laptop closed, and set it off to the side before his hand found it's way to her cheek, deepening the kiss.

"Ew, gross." A voice groaned from the doorway. Josie pulled away from the kiss, and looked over to the doorway where Sarah Cameron stood with a look of disgust written all over her face.

"Awe, are you jealous?" Rafe asked, wrapping his arms around Josie's waist.

"Oh yeah, so jealous." Sarah said with a sarcastic tone.

"I'm stealing your girlfriend." Sarah said, grabbing Josie's arm, and pulling her off of Rafe's bed.

"No!" Rafe said, grabbing Josie's other arm.

"Yes I am." Sarah said, tugging her arm again.

"No you're not!" Rafe said, pulling her other arm harder.

"Guys, wait! You're gonna break my arms." Josie said with a small laugh. Sarah tugged one last time, just hard enough to get her out of Rafe's grasp.

"Ha." She said, sticking her tongue out at him.

"You're annoying, seriously." Rafe said, going back to looking at boats.

"It's okay babe. I'll make it up to you." Josie said walking over to him, and biting her lip, then pressing them against his.

"Promise?" He asked, holding out his pinky.

"I promise." Josie said, locking her pinky with his.

"I'll see you later." Josie said, leaving his room and heading downstairs and towards Sarah who was standing in the doorway.

"Josie and I are going out!" Sarah yelled, slamming the front door behind her. They headed over to Sarah's car, and started to drive with no destination.

"I'll call Kiara." Josie said, dialing her number.

"Hello?" She asked through the phone.

"Sarah and I are coming to get you." Josie said.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Um, does it matter?" Josie asked with a laugh.

"No I guess not." She said with a chuckle.

"Okay, we'll be there soon." Josie said, hanging up the phone. Sarah pulled into Kiara's driveway, and pressed her horn, letting out rapid beeps. Kiara came running out of her house with a smile. She jumped in the car, "hey girls!" She spoke, chipper as ever.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Josie asked with a laugh.

"Oh, nothing." She said, avoiding her friends eyes, and turning a slight shade of red.

"You can't lie to us, we're your bestfriends!" Sarah said, turning around to face her.

"Okay, well, Ryan asked me out today." Kiara smiled.

"WHAT?!" Sarah and Josie screamed in unison.

"We're going surfing tomorrow." Kie said with a wide grin.

"That's great Kiara. You've been crushing on him forever." Josie said.

"Okay enough chit chat, let's listen to some music." Sarah said cranking up her radio. The wind blew through their hair, making it a frizzy mess as they sang their hearts out. In this moment, Josie felt on top of the world. Josie was with her two best friends and she couldn't ask for anything more.

Little did she know how fast things could change between them.