Chapter Nine

"Hey guys." Josie said with a smile, as she walked up to John B's porch. 

"Hey Jo." JJ said. Josie smiled at her new nickname he had given her, and she plopped down next to him on the outside couch.

"Hey Josie." Pope said. Josie heard a car door slam, and she looked over and saw Sarah and John B making their way up to the porch.

'I thought he just was using her for the map?' Josie asked herself. Josie grew even more confused when she saw he wrapped his arm, that was now in a cast, around her body.

"John B what happened to your arm?" Josie asked confused. Everyone avoided eye contact with her, and no one wanted to be the one to tell her how he broke his arm. 

"Um.."

"Topper pushed him off the hawks nest." Pope blurted out, but instantly regretted how he broke the news.

"He what?!" Josie asked, jumping up out of her seat. "Why? What happened." Josie asked. She knew Topper had been drinking that night, and was one to get violent with the alcohol intake.

"Sarah cheated on him with John B." JJ said, not holding back. Josie looked over at Sarah who avoided her gaze completely. 

"Sarah?" Josie asked, waiting for her to deny it. "Say it's not true." Josie said, realizing that she wasn't going to deny.

"I-" Sarah spoke but John B interrupted. 

"It's true." John B said, and Josie scoffed. Sarah couldn't even tell Josie herself, she had to have someone else confirm it.

"Really Sarah? That's seriously low. You couldn't have just been honest with him and broke up with him?" Josie asked, defending her brother.

"I don't know. My feelings just happened so fast. I-"

 "That's not a fucking excuse." Josie said, walking closer to Sarah.

"Look I'm sorry." Sarah said with a sigh. 

"No you're not, otherwise you would've have done it." Josie said, shoving her slightly. 

"Woah, woah, okay." John B said, pulling Sarah behind him as he stood between the two blonde girls.

"Bitch." Sarah mumbled, intending for Josie to hear it. Josie couldn't believe the nerve she had, being mad at her when she was the one who cheated.

"What did you just call me?" Josie asked her, almost daring her to say it again.

"I said you're a bitch, just like your brother." Sarah said, still hiding behind John B. 

"That's it." Josie said, lunging at her. Before Josie could touch her, two strong arms grabbed her by the waist and lifted her off the ground. 

"You know Kie was right about you, you are a snake." Josie said, knowing that would make Sarah upset. JJ sat Josie down back on the couch where she originally was, and Sarah and John B sat down across from her. Josie took a few deep breaths to calm herself down.

"No effing way." Kie said, walking onto the porch. Just the presence of Sarah Cameron, had Kiara more upset then she thought she could be. 

"You brought her here, so what, she's in on this now?" Kie asked, pacing back and fourth. She looked from Sarah to John B, waiting for a reply, but there wasn't one. "This is our thing." Kie said, pointing to the 5 of us.

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad bit uncomfortable with all of this." Pope said referring to Sarah's joining in the adventure.

"When are you not?" John B asked, trying to defend her.