Chapter Ten

Josie laid in her bed, reading one of her favorite romance novels. The Last Song was one of her favorite books, she read it constantly. She had always been such a sucker for romance, she would always pretend that she were the female characters in the book.

Josie heard rapid honks outside her bedroom window, and she furrowed her eyebrows. She stood up, and got up from her bed, and pulled her curtains open revealing John B, JJ, Pope, Kira, and Sarah outside leaning against John B's van. Josie opened her window and leaned out of it, and they all looked up at her and waved.

"We're going on an adventure, come on." John B said, waving her down. Josie smiled widely, and closed her window. She threw on some shoes and grabbed a black hoodie, putting it on as she went down the stairs. When she reached for the door handle, a voice startled her.

"Where are you going?" Topper asked curiously, as he stood in the kitchen making some food.

"Oh, um. Rafe and I are gonna go to a movie." Josie lied, messing with a strand of her hair. Topper knew that was something she did when she lied, ever since she was a kid.

"Oh." Topper said, not wanting to press any further because he honestly didn't care that much.

"K bye." Josie said, walking through the door quickly and closing it behind her. She ran down the driveway and over to the group, excited for what was to come.

"So what are we doing?" Josie asked, eagerly.

"Get in and we'll tell you." JJ said, opening the van door for me.

"Very gentlemanly of you, thank you." Josie said to JJ, getting in the van. JJ smiled at her comment, before he got in after her. Everyone else piled in and John B started driving. Josie looked up at Sarah Cameron, who sat down next to Kira and the two talking.

"Oh this is new." Josie said, pointing at the two of them.

"We reconciled our differences." Kira said, bumping Sarah's shoulder with hers.

"Cool." Josie said, still holding her grudge against Sarah. 

"So I think we found where the gold is, so we're going to get it." John B said, heading down an abandon road.

"Where is it?" Josie questioned. She wasn't really interested in the gold. She would never admit it to anyone, but she just wanted to get away from her life so she always came along for the ride.

"House on tanny hill." Pope said. 

"It's in the basement, there's a well down there." Kira added. 

"So we're breaking and entering?" Josie asked, a little worried about what could go wrong.

"Yep." John B said with a laugh. Josie looked over at JJ who had a joint in his mouth, and he held a lighter up to it and blew the smoke out into the van.

"Can I have some?" Josie asked. JJ's mouth fell to the floor, along with Pope, and Kiara's. 

"Really? You smoke? You don't seem like the type." JJ said, referring to her goody two shoes image.

"Then I guess there's a lot you don't know about me." Josie said with a smirk, taking the joint from his fingers. 

"Shit, I guess so." He said with a chuckle. Josie put the joint up to her lips and took a deep breath in, and then blew out.

"You guys got the rope?" John B asked, pulling over and turning the vans lights off. 

"Got it." Pope said, holding it up in the air. 

"Grappling hook?" John B asked, and Pope gave him a sideways look. 

"We don't have a grappling hook, we're not batman." Pope said and Josie let out a loud laugh.