Chapter Five

"Topper I genuinely hate you." Josie said with a laugh, as she tread water to keep herself from sinking. Topper had snuck up behind her, and tossed her off the boat into the water as everyone laughed. Josie swam to the back of the boat and put down the ladder climbing up it and getting back onto the boat.

"Topper, I just love you so much. Here's a hug to show my love for you." Josie said running over to Topper giving him a giant hug, making his clothes wet. 

"Josie!" He whined pulling his shirt from sticking onto his body. 

"Karma." Josie sang, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Why we chose to date siblings is beyond me." Sarah said with a chuckle.

"I could say the same to you. Do I have to remind you about the tug of war with my body?" Josie asked, looking between Rafe and Sarah. 

"Ha, ha. We have beach cleanup soon, so let's go." Sarah said. Topper started the boat, and started driving back home to Figure Eight.

"Don't look now, it's the dirty Pogues." Rafe said, pointing to the worn down boat filled with JJ, John B, Pope, and Kira. Sarah scoffed, before she walked up to Topper. He put his arm around her, as she put her sunglasses on ignoring staring straight forward and ignoring the Pogues.

Rafe decided to let his jealousy get the best of him, and he thought back to the phone call he had with Josie where he heard John B's voice. Rafe wrapped one arm around Josie's waist, and lifted her off the ground. She wrapped her legs around his waist, and pressed her lips against his. Josie looked up as we passed Jon B's boat and she waved at the group.

"Hi Josie!" Kira yelled with a wave. Topper hit the gas on the boat and spun the wheel quickly, splashing Kira, JJ, Pope, and John B with water. 

"Topper, what is wrong with you?" Josie asked annoyed. 

"What? You like them now? They tried to kill me." Topper said, angry that his twin would defend someone else over him.

"Oh, don't be dramatic. You tried to drown their friend." Josie said with an eye roll. Rafe put me down and walked to the front of the boat angrily. 

"What?" Josie asked, confused at his sudden hostility.

"How can you like Pogues? They're literally disgusting." Rafe said annoyed.

"You don't even know them." Josie defended.

"I know enough about them to know they're not good people." Rafe said. Josie decided she didn't want to participate in the argument anymore, so she crossed her arms and looked out at the water until we arrived. Topper docked the boat, and everyone got off heading to the beach in silence.

"Yo, you guys look thirsty." Ryan said, handing me a water bottle full of pink liquid. Josie twisted open the lid and sniffed it, and the smell of vodka and lemonade filled her nostrils. 

"Oh god." Josie said with a cringe.

"Drink it." Ava said with a giggle, showing Josie that she had already had a few drinks. 

"I'm okay, I'm not really in the mood." Josie said, grabbing a trash bag walking off. Everyone stood there confused, seeing as Josie was never one to turn down a drink.

"Josie, Josie!" Summer said, chasing after her wanting to check on her friend. "What's going on?" Summer asked.

"Nothing." Josie lied. Talking about her feelings was something she despised doing. She always just figured it out herself.  

"I know that's not true." Summer said, pressing for more. Josie knew that Summer wasn't going to leave without an answer.  

"I just don't know why all this Pogue, Kook stuff has to effect our lives like it does. They're actually really cool people." Josie said and Summer sighed.